Lidl Eiswein - cheap!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lidl Eiswein - cheap!

Having nothing better to do this morning, I wandered into Lidl's, mainly to grab some cartons of Pear Nectar and Peach Nectar (v. high fruit content, great for wine).

They are selling 500ml bottles of EisWein (Ice Wine) for £3.99. I have no idea whether or not it is any good, but for that price it was worth grabbing a couple.

I will be sampling it tonight and, if it is any good, I'm going back to clear the shelf.

Oh, and the bottle is really cool and it looks like it will take a standard cork too
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Pah, none in my local Lidl. Is it an offer, or a regular product that you've found?

Any chance of a pic?

Comment

It's on offer - don't know what the regular price is, sorry.
      Attached Files
      Pete the Instructor

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
        Pah, none in my local Lidl. Is it an offer, or a regular product that you've found?

Any chance of a pic?
        which lidl did you try? I get back in the 'Big City' tonight, so I can check the Aberdeen branch.
        Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
        Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
        -Police Squad

Comment

Originally posted by koomber View Post
          which lidl did you try? I get back in the 'Big City' tonight, so I can check the Aberdeen branch.
          The one by near Dyce, at the roundabout. GOing into town via Lang Stacht later prob, will try there. If not I'll pop up to Inverurie tomorrow anyway. Did check how much ice wine I had left in the garage, not sure if I need more.. It'd be nice to try a bottle though if I can find them.

Comment

Trying a glass now. I'd say not as intense as the WE kit(rieslng I think) and a bit lacking in finish, but v.good value.
            Pete the Instructor

Comment

Working...
            X