Brewdog Tour!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brewdog Tour!

Went out to see my mate Stu at Brewdog. Had a good time catching up with him. Better than that I got a tour of the brewery

It is not anything like I thought It was going to be. Bassically once the malts go in the mashtun, it stays in a contained atmosphere until it gets bottled and then it it is only briefly.

Stu basically runs the brewing side of things but doesn't get to desgin any beers. That being said he has a beast of a pallet. Despite Brewdogs hop head approach to brewing, Stu appreaciates flavour and aroma just as much as wine fanatics do.

They had just finished doing a mash and a boil so I didn't get to see them doing that but I did get to help set up for the next brew that day (ie hump sacks of malt around).

What would a trip to a brewery be like without some sampling?

One of their regulars, 5am Saint was conditioning so I got a wee sample of that and it was amazing. Medium bitterness, nowhere near what they usually do. The thing that struck me was the aroma. Bajingo it was nice! It just honked of tropical fruit. I half expected someone in a fruit hat to come wandering through!

Got the offer of coming back at a later date to help with a brew, which was pretty awesome and I got the offer of 'professional help' when I get the AG up and running.

All in all a very good day
    Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
    Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
    -Police Squad

Originally posted by koomber View Post

Got the offer of coming back at a later date to help with a brew, which was pretty awesome and I got the offer of 'professional help' when I get the AG up and running.

All in all a very good day
    Stunning........................can come along next time?
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

WAH trip to Brewdog?
      With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

Need a lift there next time?

Comment

I'll put it to him! I don't think he'll mind too much. Always useful to have an extra pair of hands. They are going flat out at the moment but I'm sure with a run up to it a group trip could be orgonised.

:

I'll have a word with him next week (or so) and see what he says.

I'm going to try and get a batch of beers for Grapefest. At the very least I'm going to get a Brewdog approved recipe for Grapefest to break in the homebrew boiler.
          Last edited by koomber; 17-07-2010, 11:46 PM. Reason: removed the picture.
          Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
          Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
          -Police Squad

Comment

Working...
          X