Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sloes.... gin or something a little different ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sloes.... gin or something a little different ?

Ok, so having been out this morning and picked another 20lb or so of Sloes, for this years batch of "Christmas Sloe Gin", it occurred to me to provide you with some "food for thought" if you've also been out getting sloes this year.

Now it's fair to point out, that while a lot of us might be in the habit of making sloe gin (easy as pie and if you can find some cheap vodka, you can even make it more cheaply by making the gin yourself).

Anyway, I thought that I'd present this link for you to have a think about.

I'm guessing that you could make it the same way i.e. cheap vodka, commercial flavouring, sugar and fruit. I've got it on good authority, that it's a very nice drop. Judging by the colour, I'd guess that it's something like the 1 pint spirit, 1 lb fruit, 8 oz sugar and as it's listed as about 17% ABV, it's been let down with water, so it's still tasting of the fruit, spirit and sugar, but not so syrupy as to be sickly.

I'm hoping to get enough sloes this year for my sloe gin and to have a go at the sloe brandy as well.....

regards

jtfb
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

I make wine with sloes and if last years effort is anything to go by I will continue to do so as long as I can get my hands on the sour little buggers.

I did wonder if a steam juice extractor would work on em?

Comment

Working...
    X