Inverted sugar.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inverted sugar.....

So, when making a fruit recipe - well one that requires the addition of sugar, has anyone used "Inverted sugar"?

If so, was there any noticeable difference ?

Only because reading some stuff by people from "the dark side" and they alluded to quicker starting of fermentation, because it's one less thing that the yeast has to do i.e. not just multiply up to a viable colony, but convert the sucrose as well......
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

IT's not worth the effort imho. I think because todays yeasts are so well made they have high internal energy reserves which bascially negates the need to do this.
    Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
    Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
    -Police Squad

Comment

I agree, the yeast will do it in no time at all...

if you make a starter and pitch that, it will all happen in a jiffy!
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Buying invert sugar is also expensive.....

if you really need it, you can invert it yourself, by adding a little acid to sugar syrup and bringing just to the boil.
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
          -----%<-----
          if you really need it, you can invert it yourself, by adding a little acid to sugar syrup and bringing just to the boil.
          Yes, that was what I was going to try Bob.... so I can see what it works like.
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by koomber View Post
            IT's not worth the effort imho. I think because todays yeasts are so well made they have high internal energy reserves which bascially negates the need to do this.
            I second that
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
              you can invert it yourself, by adding a little acid to sugar syrup and bringing just to the boil.
              I know I might be stating the bleedin obvious here, but be sure to stir rigorously whilst heating so none of the sugar caramelises on the pan base, thus giving you a candied/cooked taste

regards
              Bob
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
              X