Very Sad news indeed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Sad news indeed

It is with the deepest regret I have to inform you all of the sad passing of our friend Graham Nangreave, a very active member in our hobby and stalwart of the National Association of Amateur Winemakers and Brewers

He and his good lady wife Jan were supporters of Pontefract wine show from the get go, and they ran Telford open wine show.

I would request that those who knew him may care to donate to the charity Myeloma Research UK.

Graham was the type of guy my dad would have referred to as "one of lifes Gentleman" a phrase that summed him up perfectly

he will be sadly missed, and I am sure your thoughts as well as your prayers along with Martina and I are with Jan at this time

let us all raise a glass this evening to a great winemaker and dedicated servant of our hobby
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Yes, I didn't know Graham very well, but he was always so kind and was always soft-spoken. He was really one of life's gentlemen.... My heart goes out to Jan, both of their families and all those who were close to him.

I urge you to support the cause, it is a good one. No matter how small, no matter how little, all helps.

My glass is raised.....

M.
    Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
    Twitter: VirtualWineO
    Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

I didn't really know Graham, but I met he and Jan at the Pontefract open wine show in August. As with many couples they seemed total opposites, Jan being very outgoing, and Graham sort of quiet and reserved. But they appeared to complete each other, like two sides of the same coin.

My heart and thoughts go out to Jan and members of the family.
      Steve

Comment

Thank you for your kind messages. Many people have referred to Graha, as a gentleman, and it is lovely that he was viewed in that way. It all happened very suddenly and was a total shock, but he had fought his illness with incredible bravery for four years. He passed away peacefully whilst holding my hand. I am totally devastated and will miss him dreadfully. We celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary in Paris last September and had been together since I was 18, so he passing leaves a huge gap in my life.

Neither of us have much in the way of family, but friends have been incredibly caring and supportive and all the messages I have received have been so appreciated.

Thank you.

Jan x
        Telford Festival Entries Secretary / General Dogsbody

'Winemakers do it on the kitchen table!'

Comment

As I did not know Graham, I can make no comment. However, you and he, shall be in my prayers.
          Hootus est

Comment

Apologies, I have only just seen this thread.

A met Graham once, briefly, but I would choose the word which has cropped up frequently here - Gentleman.

My thoughts are with you, Jan.
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Working...
            X