Votes wanted (for a different reason)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Votes wanted (for a different reason)

So, I saw Grandmawood's campaign for votes, and I have one of my own.

The Winemakers Show is a reality television programme in the states. In it, 16 contestants vie to win their own winery.

For the last month I've been playing the online version of the game on Facebook. They aren't giving away a winery (unfortunately) but you do get the opportunity to call yourself "top dog" for answering a series of challenge questions.

Yesterday they posted the final challenge of the season. You have to pair wines with a 5 course meal prepared by a French restaurant, and then you have to have your Facebook friends "vote" for your menu by clicking "LIKE" on your pairing suggestions. The one with the most "Likes" wins the challenge.

I am shamelessly campaigning for votes. The guy I'm competing against is a sommelier in a hoity toity restaurant. Me... I'm just average Joe, but I do know a little bit about wine.

So, if you are a member of Facebook and would like to help, here's how:

1. You must first "Like" The Winemakers Show on Facebook. Go to http://www.facebook.com/Winemakerstv and clike "Like".

2. Follow this link http://www.facebook.com/Winemakerstv...05291509546729. You'll see my wine pairing suggestions (under "Steve Kroll"). Click "Like" only on my pairing suggestions post.

Remember, the more "Likes" I get, the better. Send your friends to help, too, if you feel so inclined.

They are giving wine away to the person who wins. Though wine is nice, I'm really playing because they sometimes use the winners suggestions on the programme, and I think that would be kind of cool.

Thanks much!
    Steve

Oh, and if you aren't a friend already, please feel free to "friend" me while you're there. I don't bite.
    Steve

Comment

Done.. Good luck!

Comment

He did it again! Well done Steve!
        Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
        Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
        -Police Squad

Comment

Done m8..........hope you win the challenge

Comment

Well, I won the challenge... thanks to all of you!!

Steve

Comment

Just to let you know, I voted too but couldn't get back to let you know. What a neat contest. Way to go. You're a winner.
              Hootus est

Comment

Yay!

well done Steve
                N.G.W.B.J.
                Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Voted too,,brilliant well done.

Done face-book too,,i'm Mark by the way, incase you were wondering who the request was from...
                  Everybody should believe in something -- I believe I'll have another drink....

Comment

I've just seen this. Too late, but well done
                    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Working...
                    X