Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wines to Avoid?

Interesting

You usually only hear about the good; but here are the bad and the ugly, to be avoided at all costs says Victoria Moore
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Pompous cow
    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I think teabag and orange peel wines should be avoided!
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Heee. I find it amusing that she can write a paragraph on bad wine but struggles to write more than a line in favour of a wine.
        Dutch Gunderson: Who are you and how did you get in here?
        Frank Drebin: I'm a locksmith. And, I'm a locksmith.
        -Police Squad

Comment

She is a talentless palate'less useless gobshite

anyone can be rude and arrogant.....and shout loudly and crassly "listen to my opinion"

baseless and garbage

like anything to do with wine.....its an opinion, and that was mine
          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

She may as well have written this wine is "icky"....this other one is...."nice"
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Oh my god, this woman is a spoilt little 8 year old!! How many times does she say "I want..." and "I want...." and "I WANT!!!" Sounds like a little child stamping her feet.
              Favourite quote I think from that pile of trash is " I wouldn’t drink this for any price"

Hmmmm - not found such a wine yet myself!!!
              Stuart

View My Current BrewTrax Stat's here
              BrewTrax forum discount details here

Comment

Just like every overpaid pompous wine critic, she has the belief that her and only her tastes must be gospel. Forgetting that wine, like food, depends upon ones personel taste, have drunk cheap and exppensive wines, price was no guarrity of being a great wine. Good old lambrusci is a firm family favourite and £5 foe 3litres very affordable- plus it helps create a bootle reserve. So in my opinion, if you like it- drink it, and put 'opinions' like hers where they belong-- in the recycling bin.

Comment

Well, for those of us with "uneducated" palates where else does the good or bad guidance come from ?

Apart from the fact that its an article from the telegraph, and that its written in a slightly patronising tone, she does, at least, give a basic explanation why she doesn't like one and suggests an alternative.........

Of course, I do appreciate that flavour and aroma perception are very individual so I'm also happy to go with the "if you like the taste then drink it again/on another occasion" view.......

Just my tuppence worth......

regards

jtfb
                  Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Good point John...well made
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

I don't know , its actualy refreshing to see a negative wine review for a change, so many of them are so rosey I wonder if they are in the pocket of the distributer or producer.

my must avoids , yellowtail ( so manipulated I can't tell their pinot noir from their shiraz in a blind tasteing) but I also reccomend avoiding anything with a cute animal on it or that comes in a weird bottle
                      Zac Brown
                      Wayward Canuck
                      Wandering Wino

Comment

I don't pay attention to most critics, but I do think it's helpful to find a critic whose tastes are somewhat aligned with your own. Personally, I like a guy by the name of Stephen Tanzer. In general, I've found that he likes a lot of the same wines that I do. Whereas I don't always agree with Wine Spectator or Robert Parker, Tanzer is usually spot on.
                        Steve

Comment

Working...
                        X