SCAM (really)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCAM (really)

I have just had my mother on the phone going on about some chap who called her to 'help fix' the problems with the computer.

Did a remote control session after she typed something in ammyy.com, confused her, tried to get her to see she wanted it fixed, trashed computer, when she said no.

more...

I've just put the phone down to the Ammyy Scam :o picked the wrong guy here lol - of course I played with them first, oh common, I had to. Ammyy is a...

...am currently fixing computer.
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
    I have just had my mother on the phone going on about some chap who called her to 'help fix' the problems with the computer.

Did a remote control session after she typed something in ammyy.com, confused her, tried to get her to see she wanted it fixed, trashed computer, when she said no.

more...

I've just put the phone down to the Ammyy Scam :o picked the wrong guy here lol - of course I played with them first, oh common, I had to. Ammyy is a...

...am currently fixing computer.
    Well it might be someone different, but the User name reporting the scam on the linked page, is the same as one that I see over at Gotmead. It's an unusual name, but it's entirely possible that it's someone different - I'm gonna have a look.

Only because I can be a really nosey git, but if the person posting about the scam, is also a home brewer, now wouldn't that make it a small world (yet again).....

regards

jtfb

p.s. Oh, of course, possible targets/marks, could always just say "how do I open IE? I haven't got it installed. Is it available for Linux" ?
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

sorry is a scam everyone i know has had a calll. i ve scaned many a computer after. they are looking for details saved as free text. so dont save passwords or pin numbers as text files. and always say no. if you are worried your computer has problems go to a local firm. at least you know where to go if you get scammed
      http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
      http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

Absolutely. First time I had heard of it though.
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
        X