Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wine and satellite imagery ? (time sensitive article)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine and satellite imagery ? (time sensitive article)

did anyone else see last weekends "BBC Click" tech show ?

There was an interesting article on the programme about using live satellite imagery of vineyards etc, that measured leaf density, giving a live colour picture (a bit like something you might see from a colour thermal imaging camera), so that for the best wine results, the grapes were picked from the red/orange area in the picture and other qualities of wines from the grape in different areas of the vineyards.

The link is here, but I don't know how long it'll be valid for. The programme was originally available on the 1st, and some of the BBC stuff only stays up for a week or two......

You don't need to watch the whole programme, the article is in the first 2 or 3 minutes.

For all you grape wine makers (especially those who like to do the grapefest thing), I'd have thought it might be of interest.....

Ha! Even I thought it was an interesting article and god knows, I don't make grape wines......

regards

jtfb
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Nice on cheers. I just wonder how it is affected by leaf plucking - which is afterall a common practice.
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

I'm not a leaf plucker
      I'm a leaf pluckers son
      I keep on plucking leaves
      till the quacking leaves have gone
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

very good indeed..
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
        X