Trout season well under way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trout season well under way

With this little heatwave going on in Scotland, it's great to kickstart the season with a few fish for tea already.
    Although I put most of my Broonies back, I do like cooking the odd Rainbow trout that are put into most of my local waters. So, who else fishes on here, and where, and more importantly, what are your fav' recipes ?

I have been tying flies since I was a kid, the best day was when I caught my first trout on a nympth, the second was when I teased a bass into taking a deer hair bug I made, and the third was catching salmon on grey ghosts I tied (trolling). We also coarse fish a lot in the summer, love catching those big ones.

CC
    Last edited by WVMountaineerJack; 30-03-2012, 07:04 AM.
    WVMountaineer Jacks Elderberry and Meads USA

Comment

used to fish most weeks but kids seem to take all the time now but still get out mostly in lothian and fife
      http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
      http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

So, who else fishes on here, and where, and more importantly, what are your fav' recipes ?
        I fish on a stocked pond in Cumbria - though have not been this year yet. There are some Brownies, but mostly Rainbow - as for recipes; afraid i've not really explored this beyond using Dill, Parsley, Lemon and Almonds.

Comment

Sorry for the ignorance but presume you mean fly fishing as opposed to course?

I used to (course) fish a lot as a kid but gave up when I found booze. I'd like to take it up again (probably fly) as my kids get a bit older. How do you get started with fly fishing? Any tips on finding a local fishery?

Comment

Originally posted by Crackedcork View Post
            I have been tying flies since I was a kid,
            CC
            I've been tying flies for many a year too, but not because I fish, because I enjoy tiny fly chariot races, with aphids as drivers.

Comment

Working...
            X