GB Coastal Challenge - donations and help required please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GB Coastal Challenge - donations and help required please

In a few weeks I will be driving around the coast of mainland Great Britain, raising money for two cancer charities.

Friend, neighbour and racing marshal Kevin Lewis lost his wife, Gill, to cancer a couple of months ago. Kev likes a good road trip, so he decided to drive around Britain on the nearest A roads to the coast, and he decided I'd be his co-driver .

It's about 4,300 miles around, and we'll be doing it in 8 days. Those with a maths degree will have already worked out that this is over 500 miles a day, which is going to be hard work (made all the harder by Kev's interesting taste in music).

We are raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support, and St. Michaels Hospice (which serves Herefordshire and surrounding counties).

We have an online donation page here:
    Credit cards, Mortgages, Savings, ISAs, Investments and Insurance – Our quest to make banking better starts here

Facebook page here:
    Log in to Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family and people you know.

We appreciate any donation you are able to make.

In addition, we are looking for someone to logo-up the car, and supply logo'd polo shirts. Of course, you'd do this for nothing, apart from our gratitude and honourable mentions .

I already need to thank Joanna (Her Lushness) for putting together our logo at zero notice, even tolerating my requests for changes without grumbling (not out loud anyway ).

Also, ta to Bob for letting me post this.

Thanks in advance folks.
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Donated.

Good luck, try not to kill each other 8 days is a long time with music you dont like!

regards
    bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Good luck Pete.

Comment

all the best hope you have a fun time
        http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
        http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

Working...
        X