Port - "faking".....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Port - "faking".....

Were Pete's "faking port" notes (like the ones that he used at Grapefest 2012) posted ?

If so, can someone link them as I had a quick look but couldn't see them, please ?

TVM
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Not sure if bob has got round to it yet. If you have a question pop it on the thread and we'll see if we can remember the answer...?

By the way we are not faking it, we are 'simulating' it...

Comment

Is that like the Chinese only 'simulate' Rolex's

Mark........

Comment

Well its in the "planning" stage, but I thought it might be a good idea for the kit that Sharpie helped me win in the impromptu raffle at Grapefest.

But I can't really recall the steps that Pete suggested. So thought I'd look/ask.

Not that I've got any spare fermenters at the moment. Hence thinking and planning the process (for once).
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

FB, we have been playing with some port kits to make them better. We have juiced black raspberries to get 2 gal of juice, added them to a 3 gallon kit and raised the SG up to where they kit instructions say it should be, we add more sugar every time the gravity drops to 1.02 and they have turned out great. For our next we have been thinking of using honey to bring the added juice up to the right gravity and then in the end backsweeten with honey, not sure what to do yet, running out of honey. CC
          WVMountaineer Jacks Elderberry and Meads USA

Comment

John,

3rd post in this thread is where Pete highlights his own Port style recipe using the Black Cherry kit. Is that what you mean?

and also this thread (the original)

Last edited by SiSandrine; 08-10-2012, 09:30 AM. Reason: Added original thread.
            Simon
            "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

I will get the videos up on youtube next week when I go back to work!
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

All assistance, posts/pm's/emails much appreciated. Hopefully I should be ready to go, once my GF brew grapes have sunk......

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Sorry I haven't been around to advise on my own presentation, chaps. Very busy at work, plus lots of planning/packing for my charity thing.

I probably won't be around a lot for the next week .
                  Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Working...
                  X