Yorkshiremen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yorkshiremen

I thought some mid-afternoon humour might help on these gloomy cold January day.........

A Leeds man walks into a High Street bank & asks for a loan.

He tells the bank officer he is going to Australia on business for two weeks & needs to borrow £5,000.

The bank officer tells him that the bank will need some form of security for the loan, so the Yorkshire lad hands over the keys and documents of new Ferrari parked on the street in front of the bank. He produces the Log Book & everything checks out.

The loan officer agrees to accept the car as collateral for the loan.

The bank manager & its officers all enjoy a good laugh at the rough-looking Yorkshireman for using a £120,000 Ferrari as collateral against a £5000 loan.

The bank manager then instructs an employee of the bank to drive the Ferrari into the bank's underground garage, where he parks it.

Two weeks later, the man returns, repays the £5,000 & the interest of £15.41.

The bank officer says to the Yorkshireman,

"Sir, we are very happy to have had your business, & this transaction has worked out very nicely, but we are a little puzzled...

While you were away, we checked you out further & found that you are a multi-millionaire.

What puzzles us is, why would you bother to borrow "£5,000"?

The Yorkshireman replies: "Where else in Leeds can I park my car for two weeks for only £15.41 & expect it to be there when I return”
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

I was in the Tesco Cafe ordering my food & the waitress asked if I wanted anything on my burger. So I had a fiver each way
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
      I was in the Tesco Cafe ordering my food & the waitress asked if I wanted anything on my burger. So I had a fiver each way
      Proper laughed out loud
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

LOL - definitely a richer place !!
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Quality
          Simon
          "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Tesco say they're out of stock on Burgers but they've got a fresh delivery coming in at 10 to 1

Now where did i park my Ferrari??...

Comment

Just got some burgers out of the freezer earlier aaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnndddddddddd they’re off !!

Comment

odds on..

Comment

Dunno what the problem is really , horse burgers are just part of any stable diet.

Comment

There is a rumor that they are putting uniQuorn in the veggie burgers too…

Comment

I wouldn't bet on it. I just don't see the point..
                      Simon
                      "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Can we try to keep this on topic guys - I thought this an equine-making forum!

Comment

Thought it was on topic with the connection to Ferrari prancing horses
                          Abervin - mouth of the river wine!

Comment

every little pony.jpg

Comment

Working...
                            X