Request for help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

It arrived today in one piece! still to test if it works properly yet.

Thanks again all for your input.
      Abervin - mouth of the river wine!

Comment

...please tell me you have some corks, the suspense is killing me
        Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by Cellar_Rat View Post
          ...please tell me you have some corks, the suspense is killing me
          as luck would have it I do have some corks..... but empty bottles..... I have as well

so on the first try it made a right dogs breakfast of the cork!! arggghhh i've bought a pile of junk I thought. On dismantling the mechanisim (which works on a pair of rollers and guide plates) I discovered about 3mm of wear on the plastic guide which operates the brass iris jaws, this was preventing them closing fully! So half an hour later I had made a new plate from a piece of aluminium flat bar. Tried it again with a new cork and it worked like a top
          Abervin - mouth of the river wine!

Comment

Splendid !
            Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

a new plate from a piece of aluminium flat bar

There are very few with any mechanical aptitude these days. Probably why it was put on epay! Well done, another twenty years trouble-free service to come.

I bought a water distiller recently - removed half a kilogram or more of scale with the engraving tool and then dissolved the rest out with nitric acid (could have boiled it for days with citric acid without getting the job done). Now works good.

Comment

Working...
              X