Website performance issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website performance issue

I've noticed that when I access the website (this website) in Internet Explorer 10 it hangs about for maybe 30 seconds before a page becomes responsive. Clicking where you want to go sometimes gives an error message about 'this site is not responding due to a long running script'. The problem doesn't seem to be there in Chrome.
    Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.
    Thank goodness for eBay! (local cache of DJs)

When new browsers launch there are almost always these issues I find.

The suppliers of the vbulletin software will either fix any ie issues in the next release, or perhaps microsoft might start fixing the bugs before they release new software (i wont hold my breath)

N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Just use opera
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

I do, Rigoletto soothes the nerves and La Rondine for a bit of close comfort. Don't you use operetta for shorter, lighter moments?
        Now bottling 20DJs of 2013 red and making room to rack 5 carboys of 2014 red to the DJs where they can wait for another winter.

Comment

Lol
          Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Originally posted by ToulouseLePlot View Post
            Don't you use operetta for shorter, lighter moments?
            See new winemaker section for Overtures and beginners!
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

It's not just Wines at Home. Another vBulletin site that I frequent has also begun having issues in recent days with the "long running script" error. And, yes, IE does seem to be the culprit. I'll let you know if they report anything worth passing along.

By the way, I've been using Chrome these days, and have experienced fewer problems with it than any other browser I've tried. Can't speak for Opera, though. I haven't used that one in a long time.
              Steve

Comment

Dear Mr Winer,

I'm getting to the same conclusion. Don't quote me on this, but if Google ever get their act together they will rule the world. But crumbs! what a lot there is to do to 'get their act together'. There's a shirt in my wardrobe I was given many birthdays ago I'm keeping for 'when I lose some weight'. It may wear-out in the interval before a together act is gotten.

Comment

Personally, I just figured that there's enough browsers out there anyway, why bother with a POS like IE anyway.....
                  Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

DING DING - we have a winner !!

Comment

Working...
                    X