• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great wine.....good value

Went into the co-op for some baby bottle sterilising stuff

wandered into the wine aisle and found a Louis Bernard chateauneuf-Du-pape

£9.99

drinking it as I type this

wonderful stuff, with the prime grape being Grenache (Grenache/Syrah/Mourvedre) it is very full flavoured and fruity, nice plump tannins and not overly oaked.

Worth the £10 I paid I reckon

I am really looking forward to using my 2006 (Spanish grapes this time) Grenache for some blending.

and I think that will be another excuse to get you all to come and visit....blending evening.
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 14-01-2007, 08:34 PM. Reason: Spelling....DOH!
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Originally posted by DAVID
    A fooking tenner forra bottle of plonk..........you should be castrated if nowt else...........

Was it de-gassed correctly ?

"N" when's the "Blending" taking place
    Yup degassed nicely

lol

Blending session when MLF is done....soon hopefully
    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Oh you gotta take explicit notes about your blending trials. Could be quite interesting.
      REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

The return of the squirrel - Act II

Originally posted by DAVID
        A fooking tenner forra bottle of plonk..........you should be castrated if nowt else...........

Was it de-gassed correctly ?

\"N\" when\'s the \"Blending\" taking place
        Wow, how high can the bar be set? Can I top this and from a monitor too? No Gestapo Lieutenant obviously and hardly a retort on this wonder ness. I’ve come home. So much of my turncoat pedigree came from places like Yorkshire, Austerfield Parish and other odd names. What a good life I see here, no need to string metaphors through my text. Imagine - the BBC all the time, with contests between squirrels and socially inept birdfeeders trying to find tricks to ‘a tort et a travers’ fury little devils and always being outwitted.

Not like America where you can’t hesitate in the street, musing about a nut behind you or the future ahead without a winchy woman in a SUV, cell phone in hand, mocha in the a other, driving 45 mph on residential streets - smashing my cousins flat. Worse a crazy man that believes that we squirrels are terrorist and traps my stupider friends, then doing all sorts of nasty things to them. With neighbors 50 ft away, I saw him one day, shoot one of my brethren with a shot gun from 9 meters and all one neighbor could yell was, ‘did you miss him‘. Oh the inhumanity of it all.

I’m a bad squirrel. I could say I’ll be good, but that would be an oxymoron, possibly an out and out lie. Walking on a tightrope is a bit dangerous for me as I have no balance, what wind blows over England will set the god monitors astride my hide stripping the flesh from every bone I imagined I owned. Some may know I can be serious with grapes and vines, but boredom sometimes grasps my throat and squeezes the truth right out of my black heart. I’m dangerous. I’m not responsible.

I don’t see the truth or monitors as the problem of message boards, so much as not realizing that 4,000 members isn’t 4,000 when only 70 are same-o some-o posters. Something is wrong, and a wine tasting with 68 awards out of 79 entrees isn’t the truth to set the camaraderie of a website right. Not my blame that I can see the solutions are forms with experience levels where brilliance, certainly not mine, at least in wine making and vineyards, but nuts, is not buried in a vat of basic 101 wine questions. What harm - fun too, to bury the doldrums and what harm for George Joel III to realize that changes should be made and that the status quo leads to rigid doom, leads to running money scared. I do promise this, as long as I last, as there are possibly squirrel hunters even here - that I won’t write backwards anymore, I tipped my full wine glass upside down looking in the mirror. Yes of course squirrels drink wine.

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Squirrel Running View Post
          I’m a bad squirrel. I could say I’ll be good, but that would be an oxymoron, possibly an out and out lie. Walking on a tightrope is a bit dangerous for me as I have no balance, what wind blows over England will set the god monitors astride my hide stripping the flesh from every bone I imagined I owned. Some may know I can be serious with grapes and vines, but boredom sometimes grasps my throat and squeezes the truth right out of my black heart. I’m dangerous. I’m not responsible.
          good natured badinage is always most welcome, as is your vast grape and wine expertise. Francis Eric also resides here but not known by that name. We descendants of mad King George engage in banter not seen elsewhere, for we are a happy crew, robust and secure, welcome aboard matey

regards
          Bob
          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

There IS a story behind that Look wood
            I would of changed it eventually
            I wanted to remain anomonous, but I was stuipid enough to do, it, and keep the same Picture on both forums.

I got invited here from what I think you guys call the old forum with this name I went to thank the guy, and it said I don't excist anymore
            Im still trying to figuer it out --How could he Know he doesn't excist.
            how could he right that if he didn't

I kept the same name Is it a tribute, I don't know, but IF he is gone it is.
            MAybe he just lied, and will see my name, and say -- a job well done.
            Right where he belongs with that goof ball -- Do I need to say who.

I joined Nov 19th, 2005 didn't post until 07-03-2006, 05:27 AM
            I wan't sure how to introduce my self. ---- or did I am I the Man of mystery!
            http://www.myspace.com/kramus

Comment

A rose by any other name is still a rose

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
              good natured badinage is always most welcome, as is your vast grape and wine expertise. Francis Eric also resides here but not known by that name. We descendants of mad King George engage in banter not seen elsewhere, for we are a happy crew, robust and secure, welcome aboard matey

regards
              Bob
              Sir Bobbly Bob, I swear that while I might not me able to pick my dearly departed mother's writings out of 100 people, I could blindfolded and no brail intended, pick Francis Eric out of 6 billion people that could or couldn't write, just by osmosis. I feel the sky swirling, trees grow upside down, water runs up hill, time is running counter clockwise and my mind waffes, baffled and confused, yes - of course he's here.

Comment

Yeah I know what your trying to say.Now what Im about to say makes what I was going to say earlyer sound strange, but It wouldn't be the first time Some one looked at me funny.
                What I was going to say is under what apears top be obvious.
                I turn your would upside down.
                Sounds like your in love.

Now this doesn't sound right anymore.

confusing
                Yeah I agree
                Yeah I cant even understand, myself some times.
                I think bob disabled, my edit button. --- It helps alittle.
                I couldn't edit this
                I thought when Some one invites you some where they should introduce you<--. Imagin that<-- HA HA HA --Oh He don't excist.
                done copying, and pasting. I said to myself save it for latter delete post.

Their is a explination behind your confusion.
                1 for the money- It takes Knowledge to understand certain things. --I think this is true.
                2 for the show--when I was 5 , 6 or A tad older I ate Mushrooms out of my neighbors yard, I think after the second time I told Family of my discovery.
                3 to get ready --- Before I was born My mommy was walking to the front door to get the mail slipped on Ice Broke her arm, and When I was born My head was blue, my nose flatend,(I have been teased) ---That was because of the embilical cord.
                , and 4 to go. ---- my brain raddles alittle when I run.
                If you ever see my fat nose you might say -- Oh no it's all true.

Comment

So it's official

Jimmy loves Francis
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Doesn't make me squirly, but I don't surrender.

Opps I was tierd Yesturday.
                    What I meant was to edit it alittle differently.
                    Originally posted by jlsherman55 View Post
                    I turn your would upside down.
                    Sounds like your in love.

Now this doesn't sound right anymore.

confused
                    Yeah I agree
                    Yeah Im confused Also

I think bob disabled, my edit button.
                    I couldn't edit this It helps alittle -- sometimes
                    Oh joy did It tell you that doesn't say That to me

Comment

N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Sometimes this forum hurts my brain
                        Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

In my Defensive in Defensibility

Oh great, I’m going to have answer the unanswerable, but if anyone can, well I can can - I think. Of course I didn’t know what Francis Eric had evidently, wantonly and secretly eluded to in his post. Big surprise that. Only with the taunting school yard limerick from kindly Sir Bobbly Robert, the banisher and reappearancer of my posts, like the whim of a cricket match, and do they still play cricket and does any one watch it or understand it, now baseball is probably in the same league as cricket as far as attendance, but I actually played baseball - so I do understand it, but does the average bloke know what the heck is going on, anyway to continue, certainly I was aghast and red-faced, when Sir Bobbly Robert translated the post, which I must hand it to him, in under 12 hours as near as I can tell.

Now Francis Eric, let’s not jump ahead too far or to fast with this love thing as we hardly know each other, please give it a chance. I wasn’t referring to an emotional state so much, as I was the actual power of your prose, text or syntax. jumbled awash in confusion. Never the less, I’m not snubbing you nor will I Hippie with straw tussled in his hair and serious manner, like a man ready to jump site, nor even Joel or Sir Bobbly Robert. My heart is an open book or is it and empty book, you may write in it what you wish. But about that dismantled edit button, I assume that was done at WP too, so the “me too people” wouldn’t really know what you were saying. Obviously I have a ways to go, as they just erased mine as any normal monitors would, ha ha.
                          Last edited by Guest; 22-01-2007, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X