Ginger Wine Must

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ginger Wine Must

Ok so this is what the ginger wine must (from the recipe I posted in the alphabetical recipe section) that I made the other day.

I put the tape measure next to it to show scale - meaning that if the "bottle" is about 14' high, then the 3 lb 6oz's of ginger I had makes between 4 and 5 inches of sludge.

I'm hoping that this is gonna work, as under the manage attachments I think that the image is too large, as is the file size (I suspect)

regards

fatbloke

p.s. One day, I might have the faintest idea how to manipulate my photographs so the file isn't so large, and maybe learn how the hell I can upload so that it shows as a thumbnail on the bottom of my post (unless theres anyone here who is a wizard with the GIMP image editor).
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 28-09-2007, 04:38 PM.
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

testing testing

how are you adding the picture?
    the filesize is fine, something else is amiss!
    I have looked at the user permissions, and they are fine.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 28-09-2007, 03:34 PM.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
      testing testing

how are you adding the picture?
      the filesize is fine, something else is amiss!
      I have looked at the user permissions, and they are fine.
      I used the "manage attachments" button, then browsed to the file on my desktop and just clicked upload, it took a while to upload, but the it showed that the piccy was attached, I added the text and "submitted reply". It looks fine here, I'm very unfamiliar with all this piccy stuff - hence posting a screenie of my desktop with the picture file opened with "the GIMP". I couldn't suss out how to make it any smaller i.e. the actual picture file on my desktop is showing as 1.4 megs, and I didn't think I'd be able to upload a piccy that big - I think that the "Ksnapshot" app used to take the screenie actually produces a smaller file, with a reduced resolution (my desktop is set to 1600x1200 - but I'm getting confused as the original piccy file is declaring a resolution considerably higher than that i.e. 2848x2136).

I don't really care other than, it can be viewed OK and I'm not p*****g you or whoever runs the server off in any way. Hopefully thats OK?

regards

fatbloke

p.s. Or is there some way of uploading the image as a thumbnail, but when clicked open it opens as a full sized image in a different window ? (sorry for my ignorance in matters like this).
      Last edited by fatbloke; 28-09-2007, 04:30 PM.
      Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

I clicked on your link....saved the pic....and uploaded it the same way you did, but it shows as a thumbnail when I do it!

strange!

what operating system are you using?
        if you are on wondows XP or before there is an image resizing tool that works just fab
        you will find it here

any image on your PC you can right click and automativcally resize

hope this helps
        regards
        Bob
        Last edited by lockwood1956; 28-09-2007, 04:43 PM.
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
          I clicked on your link....saved the pic....and uploaded it the same way you did, but it shows as a thumbnail when I do it!

strange!

what operating system are you using?
          if you are on wondows XP or before there is an image resizing tool that works just fab
          you will find it here

any image on your PC you can right click and automativcally resize

hope this helps
          regards
          Bob
          There in lies the mystery. If you look at the image I posted, you'll see a bit of a giveaway by the large word on the desktop, plus the small blue "start" button (which unlike any "Gates" et all have ever produced) doesn't say start (a bigger clue is that I know exactly what the .php extension on the URL of my browser is when I'm typing this).

Actually I'm not sure if it's your checking, but now I can see the thumbnail.

Oh OK, no more suspenders. Sidux is a community supported version of Debian Linux (actually it's "pure" Debian Unstable a.k.a. Sid, hence "Sidux").

regards

fatbloke

Some blog ramblings

Comment

It looks fine. Wait another 3-4 days, rack it off the actual ginger, and let it continue to settle. It looks normal to me (for ginger wine, that is!).
            Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
            Twitter: VirtualWineO
            Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

Originally posted by Danina View Post
              It looks fine. Wait another 3-4 days, rack it off the actual ginger, and let it continue to settle. It looks normal to me (for ginger wine, that is!).
              I was wondering about whether I should rack it off the ginger or not.

One of my fav' commercial drinks is "Stones Green Giner Wine" (winter time "whisky mac's" are pretty damn good as well) - hence I was thinking about how I might wring every last ounce of flavour out of the ginger.

The water purifier that I brought to distil stuff also has instructions for distilling essential oils, so I was also thinking if it was possible to use some more ginger and water mix to make some "ginger essence" so that if it actually did turn out to be "not gingery enough", then I could spike it with that.

regards

fatbloke

p.s. it might be a little difficult to rack it off most of the ginger sediment, because at the moment, there's so much activity in it that it's gone the colour of the grey sludge in the picture. Maybe I'll have to give it a couple of weeks too slow down a bit.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
              X