Judging Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judging Kit

Been putting together my judging kit in readiness for my exam.

so far it looks like this.
    I used a video camera case with the foam type inserts, the case contains 6 ISO wine tasting glasses, a beaker for drinking water (to clean palate) spare corks, corkscrew, bottle opener, pens. pencils, Marking sheets and clipboard (in the lid under the foam) Judges handbook, kitchen roll for spills.
    the bucket (filled with water to rinse glasses in) contains towels, funnel and spittoon.

to be added to the kit is a glass drying rack (yet to be made) and a torch for examining clarity of deep red wines.

also space for bread and biscuits for palate cleansing.
    Attached Files
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

How cool is that??!! It's a wine bar without the wine! There should be a cut-out for a bottle of wine, then it'd be perfect!

Thanks for posting!
    Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
    Twitter: VirtualWineO
    Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

Where's the wallet for collecting Duffbeers fivers under the bottle?????
      Asphaltboy More Beer - More Cheer

Comment

Was considering collecting them in advance!
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Jeez Bob, you're like the 007 of wine judging.

<begin 60's guitar spy music>

dum-da-da-da-dum-dum
          dum-da-da-da-dum-dum

<enter splashy horns>

Bwah-dah, bwah-dah-dah!!

<fade to Bob at the bar with his "kit" in hand and a chick on each arm>

Bob: (glancing coyly at the camera with cocked eyebrow) The name's Bob... Yorkshire Bob.

Barkeep: Can I get you a drink, sir?

Bob: Yes, I'll have an '02 Cab... Shaken, stirred, and de-gassed.
          Steve

Comment

Just too funny dude

cheers steve
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Hahaha, that is funny.

But 2 beautiful women AND the kit?

Bob, Yorkshire Bob wouldn't be able to have the glass of wine!
              Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
              Twitter: VirtualWineO
              Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

Bob - is that an old British Forces brief case being adapted to a wine Judges suit case. I guess you have to carry that with you when you are going to a show. Cheers - How do all the judges manage to get through an event without being tipsy? surly even just the tasting of all the different wines would be some how ingested and into the blood stream? DAW

Comment

The judges spit the wine out after tasting! (most)

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Originally posted by StockeyDAW View Post
                    Bob - is that an old British Forces brief case being adapted to a wine Judges suit case. I guess you have to carry that with you when you are going to a show. Cheers - How do all the judges manage to get through an event without being tipsy? surly even just the tasting of all the different wines would be some how ingested and into the blood stream? DAW
                    Originally posted by Hippie View Post
                    The judges spit the wine out after tasting! (most)

Its a video camera case Daw, and yes spitting is the key (hence the spittoon inside the bucket )

regards
                    Bob
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Sorry Bob for being skeptical - but is there not some ingestion through the taste buds and mouth and there by some alcohol gets into the blood stream? I sure feel it just by swirling it in the mouth. I would think after a days swishing and tasting and even with washing out there must be some ingestion into the blood stream? May be not enough to make any difference. I know that contaminants can enter through dermal contact to cause health concerns? Cheers - Only inquisitive - not meant to be an adversary comment. DAW

Comment

Oh yes after a long tasting session there is certainly some ingestion through tasting, so care needs to be taken.

regards
                        Bob
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Just another crazy question - are there rules on how long a judge can be at the tasting table and how many samples they can taste at any one siting? Cheers - Just interested DAW

Comment

Above 40 samples (i think) they would split the class between two judges
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Wow - Bob that seems like a lot - 40 sips minimum? maybe 120 quite a few if 3 sips for each test. Then two hours or longer break before the next round? My old blood stream would not allow me to partake in that. Cheers - enjoy DAW

Comment

Working...
                              X