Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daw's 07 Ports

Daw’s 08 Ports

Just some photos of the two ports that I made in the late summer of 2007. There are 15 750 mil bottles of each. On the left are 4 bottles of the Cellar Craft Porto Corinto (black currant). The bottle in the centre is an empty of the 30 year old Taylor Fladgate Port. Then there are three bottles of the RJ Spagnols Orange Chocolate Port (OCP). The final bottle on the right is the empty bottle of French Brandy that was used to fortify the ports.
    The glass of port on the left is the Orange Chocolate Port (bright clear red); the glass on the right is the Porto Corinto (darker color). The Taylor Fladgate Port costs in the area of $100 Cdn. Per bottle (this was a gift for Christmas and disappeared quickly at the Christmas dinner table. It sure warms the tummy, but I would not even dream of spending that much on one bottle of Port. The Orange Chocolate Port is the kit that won the most medals at the 07 WineMaker Magazine and is the 12 out of 100 best in kits wine and the Porto Corinto won the best in show dessert wine and is the 10 out of 100 best kit wines just below the Cellar Craft Amarone which is also an excellent kit.
    Both of the Ports that I made warm the tummy and cost much less per bottle. The OCP fill the room with terrific orange and chocolate aroma; the taste is absolutely delicious. Great body, beautiful red color and smooth as it warms all the way down. The Porto Corinto (black currant) has an outstanding flavor and aroma of black currants. What is the favorite? They are all delicious; the ladies in the family and friends loved both of the ports and a couple of bottles were enjoyed by all. I very much suggest if you like Port spend your port money on a few of these kits they are superb kits for the price.
    These kits were started the fermentation process approximately 6 months ago and at this young age are still delicious sweet and well bodied. I would have let them age in the carboy another 6 months but I needed the space. I hope that I can hide some and save for three or 5 years. I think I will try to pick up a few more of these kits so I will be able to do just that.

Cheers Daw
    Attached Files

Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

making my mouth water at the thought of it Daw
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Well done DAW, the display looks outstanding (and hopefully tastes the same).

regards

JtFB
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Daw, you've been quite busy!

Nice looking presentation, and I enjoy hearing the stories behind them. I know what you mean about the commercial ports. My wife's birthday was last month and her sister gave her a bottle of 20 year Grahams. She was kind enough to share with some us beggars. Wonderful stuff.
          Steve

Comment

Wonderful presentation with the bottles, Daw !

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Thank you all - looks like we have a group here that enjoy Port. All I can say is that I will try and keep some cool at all times and if any of you are in the area please drop by and we will be able to share a few friendly words. As Mam says party time and Bob this stuff really does make our mouths water it sure can get out of hand with this stuff as it really sneaks up on a person very quickly. Cheers Daw

Comment

Originally posted by StockeyDAW View Post
                Thank you all - looks like we have a group here that enjoy Port. All I can say is that I will try and keep some cool at all times and if any of you are in the area please drop by and we will be able to share a few friendly words. As Mam says party time and Bob this stuff really does make our mouths water it sure can get out of hand with this stuff as it really sneaks up on a person very quickly. Cheers Daw
                Count me in!
                Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Working...
                X