Latest Bottling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Latest Bottling

Just bottled the selection kits I started in September. They taste awesome already but they are now going to be put away for a while
    wine1.jpg

wine2.jpg

wine3.jpg

wine4.jpg

wine5.jpg

Just one word, FANTASTIC!!!!
    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Beautiful job and nice presentation.
      Steve

Comment

Why thank you Richard/Steve

Its amazing what you can do with Microsoft word and some milk

I'll let you know what they taste like in 6 months

can't quite get the hang of the shrink fit caps though - still a bit wrinkly in places

Comment

Originally posted by kerosine View Post
          -----%<-----
          can't quite get the hang of the shrink fit caps though - still a bit wrinkly in places
          Depends on what you're using to heat them........I did a couple of practice runs when I first used them (onto the end of an old broom handle).

Just so I knew how far away to hold the hair dryer and how long it took to actually come up to temperature and do the shrinking bit.

I'd suspect a paint stripper heat gun would get too hot, too quickly whereas I found that my partners hair dryer was a little slow, but once the shrinking had started it meant that I could control any wrinkles quite well.

Irrespective....that's a couple of pictures to be proud of. They look excellent.

regards

JtFB
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Very nice !

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Top job Dude

I use a pan of boiling water, upend them, hold the shrink on with slotted spoon and dunk them in and they fit beautifully.

However, I tend not to use them any more (lazy?) but there are those that would warn against using water due to moisture ingression.

yours look fab though

regards
              Bob
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                I use a pan of boiling water, upend them, hold the shrink on with slotted spoon and dunk them in and they fit beautifully.
                Exactly my process also. Just a quick dunk. Takes about 2 seconds per bottle and very few get wrinkles.

I have to admit to being a little frugal these days. I still put the shrink caps on every bottle, but only put nice labels on half of them. The other half get a no-frills address label that just tells the contents of the bottle. Those are the ones me and the missus drink. The nice labeled bottles are the ones I give away or show to people.
                Steve

Comment

Very impressive kerosine!.....best way I find with shrink fits is the steam from the spout of a boiling kettle, the old fashioned sort that sit on the cooker
                  Alcohol causes you to forget things, and some other stuff I don't remember!

Comment

Working...
                  X