Joe M's Orange Mead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe M's Orange Mead

I finally got the camera back from the deer hunters so I could take some pictures.
    Attached Files
    Life's more fun with a Polish Wine Princess!
    Half owner of Italian Floor Corker

Here's the side view. Can't just look at it from the top.
    Attached Files

Comment

Wow!

Looks very pretty. How are you going to get the orange wedges out? Did you start it in the carboy or a bucket?

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

I followed the directions in the recipe to the best of my ability. I started it right in the carboy. I had to default to a wine yeast as my bread yeast was dead. :dead: I am going to try to continue to follow the directions (This is a real challenge for me!) and not remove anything from it until it's done. We'll see how that goes though! I rarely do anything at home while following directions. I think it's to compensate for always following directions at work. No one is going to fire me here if I don't do as they say!

Comment

Ive just had a taste of mine and I love it

2 1/2 gallons clearing slowly, i took the oranges and stuff out because it was starting to look gunky

regards
          Bob
          N.G.W.B.J.
          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Tasting Done

We took a taste yesterday. Oh my is it sweet right now! The little yeasties are still going strong though, so I'm hoping it dries up a lot. Could choke on it's sweetness! I really didn't taste any alcohol in it, probably over powered by the sweetness.

Comment

Working...
            X