Posting Photo's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posting Photo's

I've tried looking for the answer but can't find it anywhere.

Has anybody got an idiot proof guide to posting pictures on the forum?

Fermenting shows no mercy to the beginner

by far the best way to achieve good results is to put them up with an online photo server (www.imageshack.us) and then just add the URL to your post, this way the photo appears in your post.

like here http://www.winesathome.net/forum/sho...70&postcount=1

you can upload photos and you get a clickable link that opens a window with the photo in it, but because server space is limited they have to be quite small. (20k) and 620X280 pixels jpeg format works well.

like here http://www.winesathome.net/forum/sho...57&postcount=1

click on the paper cip icon at the top of the message box and it ewill give you the format and sizes that are allowed.

its getting the file small enough that normally is the problem

hope this helps

regards
    Bob
    Last edited by lockwood1956; 21-02-2006, 09:13 AM.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Thanks Bob that's a great help, i hope to get some picture's posted very soon.

Fermenting shows no mercy to the beginner

Comment

Um...I just use the manage attachments thingie. Works very well, but you can't use pics that are too large, which is OK with me, I just set my camera to standard quality and VGA size, as opposed to fine quality and 1, 2, 3, or 4 MP size.
        REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Axl, Try clicking the paperclip in the top row of the gray box. If you have a pop-up blocker you may get a bar across the screen below your address bar. If so there should be a place in that bar that you can click to temporarily allow pop-ups so you can post a picture.
          Good luck!
          Life's more fun with a Polish Wine Princess!
          Half owner of Italian Floor Corker

Comment

Working...
          X