Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mixed Summer Fruits

Another batch bites the bottle.

3 gallon of mixed summer fruits with a high percentage of strawberry, next...this years elderberry harvest....
    Boo

Nice!

Comment

Gorgeous bottles!

Are you saying you have this year's elderberry wine ready to go into bottles already?
      REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie View Post
        Gorgeous bottles!

Are you saying you have this year's elderberry wine ready to go into bottles already?

No, sorry, what I meant was I can now focus on the fruit waiting to be picked in the fields at the back of my house, I have a busy weekend planned!

Yes they are nice bottles, they came from an Argentinean Shiraz I quite like to drink. As I prefer to make small batches, 1 and 2 gallons at a time using my own recipes I like to bottle my home-made-wine in matching bottles (im a sad perfectionist at heart). Also, as this is only my second year I am still waiting to drink my first batch- it was elderberry, it is officially 1 year old this week, I opened a bottle a couple of weeks ago, was pleased with the taste but it is clearly still too young to drink, needs another six months minimum, although it did go to making a lovely sangria!

So, as I sit waiting for my wine to become drinkable I continue drinking the commercial stuff…… and collecting bottles.
        Boo

Comment

Working...
        X