Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stackmonkey's Wines..

Attached Files
    Last edited by stackmonkey; 05-04-2012, 11:37 AM.

re the damson explosion.
    How'd it happen? We need to avoid that. Hope you managed to redecorate the kitchen before yer partner saw it.

Comment

looking good

however
      ...thats a lot of headspace above that damson port...you may want to transfer that to a smaller container before it gets oxidised.

regards
      bob
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

My very first trip into brewing was with a DIY brown ale. Total ignorance! I put the bottles into the airing cupboard. They all went stratospheric together. My wife wasn't too happy. The airing cupboard was full of clothes. We'd only been married about 9 months. Luckily I survived and we've reached 33 years. Phew! Close shave that first brew.

Comment

Sorry. Clogging up the photo thread. Won't do it again.

Comment

No error has been made. We post photos and we talk about them. Everything is great!
            REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Originally posted by stackmonkey
              That's the trouble.
              In my 'progress' thread, that demijon's contents have some white bits on the surface and I don't really have a suitable smaller container that takes all that liquid without leaving any spare.
              How about wine bottles?

You could transfer to bottles, dont cork them though, you need to allow CO2 to escape if its not donne fermenting.
              Optic corks with airlock inserted are good (you need to make the stem of the airlock fatter....I use selotape) or even a baloon stretched over the neck of the bottle with a pinhole in it. But you need to get rid of the headspace above the wine.

hope this helps
              regards
              Bob
              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Is there a seperate gallery for the photos and how does one upload a photo?

Comment

This is the area for Photos

you need to add them as an attachment, or store them on a web server like photobucket.

If you are uploading to here they need to be small.

see here for guidance.

N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Here goes then. Shrunk it down to 19kb. Hope it comes out clear.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Not what I was expecting. Should be much clearer. How come the other photos are around 100kb?

Comment

Looks great here!
                        REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

O.K. As long as someone can view it. I thought it looked good on the windowsill with the sun behind. Looks good enough to drink. I don't know how it stays in the bottle.

Comment

It was only bottled this September. Most of it will probably go around Christmas. As I do each bottle I normally put them on the windowsill to stare at while I'm sorting the rest out. Sad, but it's better than trainspotting.

Comment

Originally posted by stackmonkey
                              I think the file download size has been reduced - misplaced decimal point, methinks?

Correct..

It was set too high in the first place, and so I reduced it as it takes up too much server space, which costs money I'm afraid.

You can get photos to show up full size by placing them on a photoserver (FREE) like photobucket

regards
                              Bob
                              N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                              X