Pineapple/coconut Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pineapple/coconut Wine

http://www.winesathome.net/forum/att...d=11724580This is a great Wine. Very much enjoyed making it. Wait for a few months bottle ageing..DAW

Recipe Please
    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

I have one on the go using carton pineapple and coconut juice from Asda, not sure how it will end but tastes good at the moment.
      Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by Mamgiowl View Post
        Recipe Please

My recipe included: 15 pounds of fresh pineapples, 19 liters of good water,16 pounds of sugar, 5 tsp of yeast nutrient, 1.25 teaspoons tannin, 5 campden tablets, 10 tsp of tartaric acid, 2.5 tsp of pectic enzyme,1 pound of dried apricots, 10 cans of young coconut juice, 3 100 oz cans of Dole unsweetened crushed pineapple, 1 lemon peeled and pitted, 1 lime peeled and pitted and I used Red Star Premier Cuvee. SG-1.110, PH 3.3 and acid .65. fermented to .996. Used three straining bags for the fruit, 1 vanilla bean. The fresh pineapples were frozen; allowed to thaw for 12 hours (overnight) in primary added 12 liters of near boiling water and the sugar and stirred well to dissolve the sugar- let rest 12 hours add the chemicals except the pectic enzyme stir and let rest; add pectic and pitch yeast when temperature near 70 degrees F. This worked out to be a delicious mighty powerful wine. Note use only the young coconut juice the coconut milk or cream oils will not ferment and will go rancid. Worked for me DAW Cheers, have a good one.

Comment

Thanks. I might just give that a go
          Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Give it a try great flavour and body. The next time I make it I will try to get some kind of a crusher for the fresh Pineapples. Even after being frozen they are difficult to crush with a masher; but still the yeast just loves the natural sugars of the pineapple and attacks and breaks it down well. Thank you for your reply...

DAW

Comment

Working...
            X