Christmas Brews, Whats Brewing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Brews, Whats Brewing?

Just 11 weeks to Christmas, what special Christmas brews have you guy's got on the go?

I have a gallon of sherry that's been oxidizing (8 months old), a gallon of ancient orange mead, will be making a gallon of Irish cream liqueur and a couple of 5 gal 7 day Chardonnay kits, have plenty of lager bottled. So that should keep the festivities going without running dry .
    Nothing yet, not bothering.
    0%
    Nothing yet, need to get started.
    0%
    Got plenty on the go ready for family.
    0%
    Have an abundance maturing from last year.
    0%
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

My batch of fresh fruit wine (rasp, banana, rhubarb, orange) is bottled, sweetened slightly and waiting for Xmas, then got an IPA in the keg, maturing too.

Some of my other stuff might have aged enough to drink at Xmas, if it lasts that long!

Rich

Comment

I have 5 gallons of two-year old port aging right now. I will probably bottle a gallon of it for the holidays and replenish the stock with two gallons of this year's new stuff.

Steve
      Steve

Comment

I have a Super Tuscan WE kit that has been bulk ageing for 10 months and another special CC kit the Red Mountain Cab Sav that has been bulk ageing for 6 months these will get bottled for the Christmas season.

I will be putting on a couple of Ports in the next few weeks: The Orange Chocolate Port (Spagnols kit) and the Blackcurrant Port a CC kit that will be for next year. Cheers DAW

Comment

Dang! Y'all are as bad as my BH!!! Counting the weeks until Christmas?

Santa don't like me, and I don't like him. I am sure you are all surprised to hear that!

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Karl, I need to get a move on.
            National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie View Post
              Santa don't like me, and I don't like him. I am sure you are all surprised to hear that!

i heard that santa had died in a car accident, the tooth fairy was driving, and the easter bunny was in the back
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                i heard that santa had died in a car accident, the tooth fairy was driving, and the easter bunny was in the back
                Bob, your reckless, how many childrens hearts have you just broken..,tsk tsk....
                Discount Home Brew Supplies
                Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                National Wine Judge
                N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Originally posted by Hippie View Post
                  Dang! Y'all are as bad as my BH!!! Counting the weeks until Christmas?

Get all of the latest news from The Scotsman. Providing a fresh perspective for online news.

My friend, for the Jolly Old St Nick in all of us - enjoy the link last years writing but worth a good laugh for us all. Cheers DAW

Comment

Hehehehehehe...very good DAW!

I just can't bear to think about Christmas this early.

Dang, now I need another drink.

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

Found this on another site i use. Sorry
                      Attached Files
                      sigpic

Comment

Yea, I really like that one! Haven't seen it in a while.

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

for Christmas

I have the RJ Spagnolls Orange/Chocolate port going, am told it will be ready. And a Christmas ale that is spiced with cinammon, nutmeg. Have blackberry wine but can't see that being ready. And my first batch of rose hip will be 2 years old, and I found, gassy.

Paul

Comment

Both port and ale sound nice for Christmas sipping!

REBEL MODERATOR

Comment

I voted for nothing...

without trying to sound like a scrooge....I dont bother drinking at christmas

I normally have taxi duties ferrying the family here there and everywhere
                              So I have to make up lost time at new year

So my excuse..... Christmas is for kids,New Year for adults
                              I wish I was a glow worm
                              Cos a glow worm's never glum
                              It's hard to be unhappy
                              When the sun shines out your bum

Comment

Working...
                              X