New front page

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New front page

I have altered the front page of the forum to make the site easier to navigate.....

do you like it?
    Yes
    0%
    No
    0%
    Don't care
    0%
    Have a word with yourself and get a life!
    0%

The poll is expired.

N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

I love the forum's new look.... But I had to click on the have a word with yourself, just because it was an option.

Great job!
    Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
    Twitter: VirtualWineO
    Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

Originally posted by Danina View Post
      I love the forum's new look.... But I had to click on the have a word with yourself, just because it was an option.

Great job!
      LOL. I did the same even though I like it too.
      Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Oh er, no missus!

Nah! happy with the original one.

It doesn't seem that half the forums are there.

I can't just go to a forum and look either for new posts or easily check out old ones - whether I've posted a response or not!

The new front page seems to over simplify.

regards

John the fatbloke
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by Danina View Post
          I didn't see an option that said "I must be a senile git, because I can't seem to find anything", so I checked that one too.
          Steve

Comment

Everything is there as it was before....

just simplifies the front page, use quick links at the top for todays posts....

give it a whirl John see how it grows on you, if everyone doesnt like it we can switch back
            N.G.W.B.J.
            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
              Nah! happy with the original one.

It doesn't seem that half the forums are there.

I can't just go to a forum and look either for new posts or easily check out old ones - whether I've posted a response or not!

The new front page seems to over simplify.

regards

John the fatbloke
              John, if you click on quick links at the top of the page, and then click on todays posts you will find all posts since your last visit. also click on each forum related to your last post, they remain the same, it'll take a day or two but I;m sure you'll grasp it.
              Discount Home Brew Supplies
              Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
              Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
              National Wine Judge
              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Bit of a shock when i first opened up but yes, its a tidy.

As soon as you know where forums are you'll be there just as easy. Its good.
                sigpic

Comment

So - I'm an old reactionary git(ess) but I don't like it. I found the old way much easier to see where I wanted to go. Yeah, I know you can do the quick links and new posts, but it's an added step IMHO.

Sorry

(But I suppose I'll get used to it.
                  Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

My short cut link on the toolbar takes me straight to the new posts, so didn't even realise you'd altered it.

So, I clicked get a life

Rich

Comment

From a usability perspective it is much more intuitive and simpler to navigate and therefore more user friendly -nice job Bob

p.s. I don't work for a software company - honest!

Comment

I like it but had to vote on the have a word thing, sorry couldn't resist.
                        National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Who you asking....who me, your kidding.....?

I am the guy that would wake up in the middle of one of "those" Nocturnal DREAM! So, why ask me...? It looks very smart, and is more funtional...so, says the Mrs. for me.
                          Last edited by Guest; 21-12-2007, 03:51 PM. Reason: append

Comment

It makes no difference to me. I always hit the new posts button, and get what's up.

It will make it a bit easier to find things from the way back when searching manually though.

Nice clean presentation too.

Cheers;

Pat

Comment

Well I might not be as keen on the "mod" as others, but they're not my forums to influence. So I'll get used to them - I don't let changes in appearance get in the way of finding the info that I want to read.

Personally I'd like to know exactly where all the tables and stuff live, as I haven't managed to find a link to them yet, other than when I ask about something and Bob kindly points me toward them (the SG/abv table, the correction page etc etc is what I'm referring too).

I appreciate what an excellent resource we have here, but along with my disinterest in "things Microsoft", I also read .net magazine and have noticed a fair bit about improving usability - which isn't so much of an issue here as it does seem to have been set up with a goodly amount of consideration, I suspect that theres always gonna be room for a "tweak" or two.

regards

John the fatbloke
                              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
                              X