Wanted: Grommet for fermenter lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanted: Grommet for fermenter lid

I don't suppose anyone could point me in the direction of anywhere that sells individual grommets to let me fit an airlock to a fermenting bin lid? preferably somewhere that wont charge me the minimum 6 quid postage fee etc! or does anyone here have a spare one?

Cheers

I have a spare one I'm sure, I'll have a look. If not tonight, first thing in the morning.

Rich

Comment

Thanks Rich

Comment

Have one here.

Want it posting?

Rich

Comment

Absolutely i'll give you a PM now

edit:

Seems you've maxed out on the amount of PM's you can receive lol says you need to delete some before i can send it.
          Last edited by 5thElement; 01-06-2008, 11:22 AM.

Comment

PM's deleted.. try again.

Comment

my local HBS does grommets, he'll even punch the lid and fit it for you if you take the lid along.

I'd presume that your local one will also have the grommets??

regards

JtFB
              Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

The only "local" place i have is a Wilkinsons and they stock very little compared to a real homebrew store, so mail order is the way ahead for me, but it's not worth it for a 40/50p item unless im ordering more stuff. I was in Edinburgh last week and went to one of the homebrew stores there (Edina Homebrew) i was like a kid in a candy store lol fantastic advice from the owner aswell.

Rich - PM'd you again

Comment

went in the post today. Do hope it's what your after.

Also, open it somewhere outside.. It's in a cutdown jiffy bag, not the bubblewrap type.. so it may leave a mess..

Found some interesting labels at work too when raiding the used jiffy bag bin. so I popped a few of those in too, hope you have a sense of humour

Rich

Comment

Grommet arrived this morning, thanks alot! really appreciated, exactly what i needed.

Loving the labels aswell lol it must be pretty interesting where you work (i also wondered if these were labels for your previous batches of wine...just kidding lol)

Comment

Ooo, Ooo, Ooo!

What did the labels say????

We're all dying to know now.

(Well I am, anyway)
                      Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

me too

c'mon ....do tell

(Rich is coming to my house tomorrow so I'll ask him iof I dont find out tonight)

regards
                        Bob
                        N.G.W.B.J.
                        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Couldn't possibly tell tonight..

You may get a bottle with one on tomorrow, and it'd spoil the surprise.

Comment

OOOOOOH

well i guess I'll find out around 4pm tomorrow then?

I'm off to Halton wine circle tomorrow night to do my "winemaking from fresh grapes" talk

fun fun fun

regards
                            Bob
                            N.G.W.B.J.
                            Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                            Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                              I'm off to Halton wine circle tomorrow night to do my "winemaking from fresh grapes" talk

ok, ok, I get the hint, be prompt and only one cup of tea!

I'll give you a ring before I turn up. I'm over in Halifax for the afternoon.

Rich

Comment

Working...
                              X