Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floor Corker on eBay

N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

this is the lower end version Bob it is not the Ferri It is the mini red it has plastic jaws they work well except on synthetic corks they sometime grove them. over here worh new around $60.00
    http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

$60... wow. Have they gone up that much in price? I purchased mine new for $35 (£17), but that was almost 7 years ago.

For the record, the Ferrari corker sometimes has the same problem with synthetics. But it also works with Champagne-style corks, so you may need that if you bottle any sparking beverages.

This model, although more economical (and with the aforementioned plastic jaws), works well, too.
      Steve

Comment

I can't buy them for that price . Are you satisfied with the preformace of yours?

Comment

I will have to ask my daughter. She's been the chief corker in my production line since the age of 10. But I think the answer is yes. It's held up for nearly 3,000 corks and still works like new. I haven't run across the "ridge" issue with synthetics, but the only synthetics I use on occasion are the spongy Nomacorcs.
          Steve

Comment

I also only use Nomacorks when I do use synthetics.I looked at some others and thought they would be harder to work with. There is a new one I am interested in though i think its called zork??? that is close I am not sure that is the right name I just ran across them while surfing I think these look good.

Comment

30 mins left, and no bids!!!

A floor corker delivered for £11!!!
              Last edited by Rich; 08-06-2008, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Well done John Happy corking!

Comment

oooooo

proud owner of a floor corker John?

£10.99 delivered
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                    30 mins left, and no bids!!!

A floor corker delivered for £11!!!
                    Whoever would pay £11 for that is getting robbed.

Erm, so I got it for £10.99

And no I only have a two handed corker at the moment which leaves dents on the top of the corks (apparently I need a dime coin to prevent that). So any floor model is better than nothing.

regards

JtFB

p.s. Oh and thanks Bob for posting the link
                    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Hahaha

I dedcided to bid on it......but waited till the last 10 seconds, then made my bid...but had forgotton to sign in

you will love it John, they are fab

regards
                      Bob
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                        oooooo

proud owner of a floor corker John?

£10.99 delivered
                        With any luck, it should save me a world of cra9 Bob. No digging around for bit's of metal to stop "it" leaving small dents in the tops of the corks (hopefully) and the like.

But it strikes a note, as I've just chucked about a dozen used/donated bottles into a bucket of soapy water to "de-label" them. As I figured I'm gonna have to check the stocks under the stairs and get something bottled.

I just figured that I couldn't really go wrong for a tenner. Even another 2 handed one would probably have cost me more than that.

regards

JtFB
                        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Put the 2 handed one on ebay.. I'd laugh if you got more than a tenner for it!!

(obv wait until the floor corker is there and working! There is a good post on cleaning the jaws up if they need it!)

Rich

Comment

John I am also happy with mine i now rent it out from my store. I fastened a piece of 3/4 inch plywood coverd with arborite and indoor out door carpet on the bottom this keeps it from marking floors. Congarts.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                              Put the 2 handed one on ebay.. I'd laugh if you got more than a tenner for it!!

(obv wait until the floor corker is there and working! There is a good post on cleaning the jaws up if they need it!)

Rich
                              Yeah, seen the posts/tutorial about that.

It wouldn't matter if I didn't get anything for the hand corker because I was given it by my Aunt.

Besides, if I sold it, it would ruin my reputation as a "demented shed brewing loon"

regards

JtFB

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
                              X