Wine Rack required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wine Rack required

Looking at the DJs in my cupboard, and with Grapefest approaching, I'm going to be severely short of places to put bottles quite soon.

The only place in the house which is a) dark, b) cool and c) available is the cupboard under the stairs. It slopes down to a point, but I intend blocking the last bit off with a wine rack, approximately 3 1/2ft - 4ft square (hopefully enough room for 50 - 70 bottles).

I can't find an off-the-shelf rack which will fit, but I have trawled t'internet, and found a couple of UK companies who will build made-to-measure wine racks.

Before I go ahead and order, does anyone have any recommendations, or even a rack which might fit, or could be cut down to fit?
    Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

If you are any good at DIY, knock one up yourself. There are quite a few designs/plans for wine racks kicking around on the net. Have you seen those £20 racks in Argos? They hold about 54 bottles but are a sod to assemble (needs 2 people).
    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

The 54 bottle rack has gone up to £25, still not bad though.

National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

Ikea used to have some nice modular racks, but I don't see them in their online catalog anymore.
        Steve

Comment

Originally posted by NorthernWiner View Post
          Ikea used to have some nice modular racks, but I don't see them in their online catalog anymore.
          No... I didn't see them today either, when I was there
          They only seem to have the smaller 4 bottle racks or those incorporated within the kitchen units...
          Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
            The 54 bottle rack has gone up to £25, still not bad though.

http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/st...&Submit=GO+%3E
            I have one of these and intend getting another very soon. They are good value and not too bad to put together. Just lock yourself in a quiet room, take a deep breath and assemble a few choice expletives to assist where necessary
            Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

The Argos rack looks spot-on.

I'd given up on Argos because of my experience with a couple of those hideous wooden-dowel ones they sell. I bought a couple with some vouchers which needed using, to fill up a couple of small spaces. Avoid those like the plague, unless you're a dab hand with wood glue and you own a big mallet, and you have a couple of hours to assemble something which stores only 12 bottles.

Thanks for your help chaps
              Pete the Instructor

Comment

Why don't you keep an eye on Ebay?

I was very lucky a while ago, and won an auction for 2 racks that hold about 72 bottles each, I only ended up paying £10 for the BOTH of them, and spent about £12 on petrol to go and fetch them, but it was money well spent.
                (They also came ready assembled which was a bonus )
                HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

I have been watching eBay for a while, but there was nothing correct size and geography-wise.

Of course, as soon as I buy one elsewhere, loads will appear on eBay
                  Pete the Instructor

Comment

Working...
                  X