wanted 5 gallon dj/carbuoys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wanted 5 gallon dj/carbuoys

Hi all, i am looking for 2 5gallon demijons/carbuoys, i would be willing to swap for 20 x 1 gallon demijons
    I am based in hednesford/cannock staffordshire

Thanks
    Alan

now that sounds like a fair swap
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
      now that sounds like a fair swap
      Thanks bob

Comment

I'm sure there was someone on here who was looking to get rid of a 5gal carboy, in Derby, a couple of weeks ago.
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

Originally posted by alan66 View Post
          Hi all, i am looking for 2 5gallon demijons/carbuoys, i would be willing to swap for 20 x 1 gallon demijons
          I am based in hednesford/cannock staffordshire

Thanks
          Alan
          Bad luck mate, I just arranged a sawp for a 5 gallon glass carbouy today... you're about 6 hours too late! (and all I want for it is a couple of bottles of wine )
          HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Originally posted by Her Lushness View Post
            Bad luck mate, I just arranged a sawp for a 5 gallon glass carbouy today... you're about 6 hours too late! (and all I want for it is a couple of bottles of wine )
            Never mind, however the distance would not make it economical .

Comment

Originally posted by goldseal View Post
              I'm sure there was someone on here who was looking to get rid of a 5gal carboy, in Derby, a couple of weeks ago.
              Yes there was one on here, i believe he also had it on ebay.

I would prefer a swap to purchasing as i have to watch our pennies with the twins that are on the way

Comment

I have 2 older plastic ones you can have, similiar to these. They'll need a clean as they've been in the garage roof for a while.

I'm going to be in Solihull, West mids at the weekend if that's any use. Still a little far away though.

(And, I don't want any demijons for them!)

Comment

i have 2 plastic ones i would swap for and i live in cannock

Comment

Originally posted by flower View Post
                    i have 2 plastic ones i would swap for and i live in cannock
                    Thanks guys but i would prefer glass as i would like to also age in them, please correct me if im wrong but wine dosnt age aswell in plastic, some one please correct me if this is not true..
                    thanks
                    Edit: i would want them for initialy fermenting then onto ageing.

Comment

The only plastic ones suitable for ageing in is going to be better bottles, some people still don't like to. I've had no problem with my 2 better bottles AND they are only about £12 ish. (they also bounce when dropped)

Comment

would you still be interested to sell your demijohns

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                          The only plastic ones suitable for ageing in is going to be better bottles, some people still don't like to. I've had no problem with my 2 better bottles AND they are only about £12 ish. (they also bounce when dropped)
                          Originally posted by flower View Post
                          would you still be interested to sell your demijohns
                          thanks rich, do you have a picture or link of the better bottles?

and to flower, i would consider this to part finance the bottles i need,
                          some of the djs i have i got off freecycle (which i collected from as far as 20 miles away) and the rest are what i purchased over the last couple of months, how many djs do you need and i havnt a clue on price?

Regards
                          Alan

Comment

i would take 20 for £20

Comment

Better Bottle main website

HOP and GRAPE selling them at £11.99

You will also need a rubber bung for the neck of the better bottle. I use the orange twin outlet ones, same as on the glass carboys. The necks are the same size on the outside near enough. Although if it's a sloppy feeling fit I add a zip tie round it!

Comment

Working...
                              X