312 Ltrs worth of carboys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 312 Ltrs worth of carboys

This is an astonishing collection. 5 x 54ltr, 1 x 28ltr and 1 x 14ltr carboys, mostly in plastic carriers. The price is steep, but may not sell. This is in my home town and I can't go for it cos I can't store or practically use it

Same offer applies here as the last one with a caveat, I may not be able to get all the containers to you in one go.

What do you think of the current price tag of £135? If it doesn't sell, offer's could be made... Thoughts???

Originally posted by Aid View Post
    This is an astonishing collection. 5 x 54ltr, 1 x 28ltr and 1 x 14ltr carboys, mostly in plastic carriers. The price is steep, but may not sell. This is in my home town and I can't go for it cos I can't store or practically use it

Same offer applies here as the last one with a caveat, I may not be able to get all the containers to you in one go.

What do you think of the current price tag of £135? If it doesn't sell, offer's could be made... Thoughts???
    Well if you looked through Brouwlands website Aid, you'd know exactly how much it'd cost to get them new(?).

Personally I'd say that the seller wants a bit much to start with. If they were mine I'd have started them at £50 or something like that.

regards

JtFB
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Waaaaaaaaaaaay too expensive!

I bought 13 X 54 litre dj's on eBay for £41

£20 ea is the going rate!
      N.G.W.B.J.
      Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
      Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I'm back at school If Bob buys 13 containers for £41, how much did he pay for each?
        Jeez dude, that's £3.15 each! That was some purchase.

Comment

Well using Brouwlands current prices (and a bit of a guess/closest size they sell), it would seem that it would be €268.57 or at todays exchange rate, £245.95

So the seller really is living in fantasy land:launchpoo

regards

JtFB
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Jeez dude, that's £3.15 each! That was some purchase.
            Well you have to factor in the van hire and fuel to London to pick them up
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

With the big 54ltr ones, what do you make in them? Are you doing grape wines or other recipes?

Comment

With the big 54ltr ones, what do you make in them? Are you doing grape wines or other recipes?
                I think it's more a case of what Bob doesn't have a go at!

I've got it. He doesn't "do" Parsnip wine

regards

JtFB

Some blog ramblings

Comment

I make grape wines yes....but also big batches of other stuff too

including a big batch of wine No1
                  N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Standard Wine No1?

Comment

Yup!

N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

You really rate No 1, don't you. I've not made an original recipe one yet but I shall soon. I definitely overwhelmed myself with different recipes and haven't yet found my stock, bulk, regular brew

May I ask, how do you get through the quantity? You make a lot of wine. From the forum, I see you're very generous and have a lot of friends available to crack a bottle open with. Does that account for it or are you steadily extending the cellar?

Comment

You really rate No 1, don't you. I've not made an original recipe one yet but I shall soon. I definitely overwhelmed myself with different recipes and haven't yet found my stock, bulk, regular brew

Wine number one really is a good one to have around... especially whilst you "experiment" with other stuff.

Maybe once you have tried it, it will be your stock/bulk/regular brew.
                          And if not, it certainly will help to get things aged.

I like to have either a wine number one, or wine number two, on the go, at all times
                          Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Well according to my firefox ebay sidebar, they're still sitting there with a big fat zero on the bids.

Whereas I've got a single 54 litre DJ for £20 (the one that Aid mentioned) and I also won the auction for 2 x 25 litre DJ's (£10 the pair)

regards

JtFB

Some blog ramblings

Comment

I was gonna ask if you bagged that one.
                              I may wait until he fails to sell them and then offer him a price and sell on those I cant use.

Comment

Working...
                              X