favourite bit of kit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• favourite bit of kit.

what is everyone favourite bit of kit mine is my heat shrinker for capping bottles - no more burnt fingers in the steam from the kettle.

rince.
    Attached Files
    Geordie : refers to a person originating from Tyneside and the former coal mining areas of northern County Durham or the dialect spoken by such people. There are a number of rival theories to explain how the term came about, though all accept that it derives from a familiar diminutive form of the name "George".

One of my favorites is my bottling stick, no more spills all over the floor.
    I drink therefore I am.

Comment

thats a bottling stick and do I want one?

Comment

The glass I'm drinking it from
        Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

Originally posted by aqua
          thats a bottling stick and do I want one?
          There is a picture and description of the one I use here. Its the bottle filling stick.

http://www.hopshopuk.com/cgi-bin/bro...ssion=52429981

Whether you want one depends, but it save me a lot of time and swearing when I am trying to bottle the stuff.
          I drink therefore I am.

Comment

That is a brilliant bit of kit and a great site. Thanks for posting it
            Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

what a good bit of kit - i've been bottling today and managed to spill a bit (again)
              Geordie : refers to a person originating from Tyneside and the former coal mining areas of northern County Durham or the dialect spoken by such people. There are a number of rival theories to explain how the term came about, though all accept that it derives from a familiar diminutive form of the name "George".

Comment

I couldn't imagine filling 40 bottles without one. I've got two attached directly to the taps on my bottling bucket so I can get through that hateful job a little quicker.

My favorite bit of kit (although not the most exciting) is a cheap shower head and hose with a hozelok fitting on the end which connects to an outside type tap fitted under the sink. It makes rinsing out barrels and fermenters a doddle.
                sigpic

Comment

tidbit

I am partial to my bottle vinator and bottle tree.

REBEL MODERATOR

...lay down the boogie and play that funky music 'til ya die...'til ya die !"

Comment

air-lock
                    Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
                    Twitter: VirtualWineO
                    Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

I've usually got 4 or 5 five gallon fermenters on the go at any one time.
                      I'm trying to train them to play the theme from the Archers.
                      www.brewgenie.com

Comment

Our Italian Floor Corker! It's the only way I'll ever be able to put a cork in a bottle without help!
                        Life's more fun with a Polish Wine Princess!
                        Half owner of Italian Floor Corker

Comment

i also like the air locks but there is is something about a demi john full of wine that is quite ornamental (beyond the fact that its full of wine)
                          mark
                          "we need a bigger boat"

Comment

my new fave bit of kit is my new mini jet filter

Comment

Originally posted by Habanero
                              There is a picture and description of the one I use here. Its the bottle filling stick.

http://www.hopshopuk.com/cgi-bin/bro...ssion=52429981

Whether you want one depends, but it save me a lot of time and swearing when I am trying to bottle the stuff.

Hi just tryed bottle filler, great piece fo kit, ive got one on each of my fermenters now, its make it so easy when im bottling my 5 gallon of beer.
                              regards Paul
                              Two jugs of beer and even you cant understand what you're saying.

Comment

Working...
                              X