Bungs and lids for 54ltr carboy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bungs and lids for 54ltr carboy

I have the ingredients and venue for a large No1, but way of fixing a bubbler for my carboy!
    Where can I get suitable lids and bored bungs (or alternative) for the 54 ltr carboys? I tried my local hbs and they don't have em.
    What size should I be looking out for?
    Thanks.

Brouwland is Europe's most specialized supplier for winemakers, brewers, liqueur makers and cheese makers.
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Lovely web site. John was saying the other day that it's a shame we don't have one as good in UK, now I see what he means.

Sorry to be lame, but specifically which size bored bung will fit these beasts?

Comment

...or here The Homebrew Shop

I've ordered stuff from here in the past and found them to be very good.
        HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

That's my local hbs! I asked and they said no. They had plenty of cork, but I wasn't sure of the diameter, that's why I was asking someone to who uses them a lot to point to what they use.

Comment

Originally posted by Aid View Post
            The Brouwland website lists the sizes of the bumgs in mm

I believe (best double check though) that the neck of the 54 litre DJ's is 51mm wide, so you want one that is around 55mm

this one should do...type in this product code 011.046.0 (9mm hole for standard UK airlock) shipping is reasonable and pretty quick. I ordered a grape crusher stand (weight about 20lbs) it took 48 hours and cost me 14 euros shipping.

Regards
            Bob
            Last edited by lockwood1956; 29-04-2009, 06:44 AM.
            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Or if you want to be really posh....go silicone!

N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
                Or if you want to be really posh....go silicone!

Ha! well as I've got 2 of them as well I might just have to "go silicone"........

After all, I do live in the South East and as we're busy having some doric columns fitted to the west wing of our "ex-railway" house, silicone would suit so much better

regards

JtFB
                Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Anyone making a brouwland order anytime soon? I want one bung with a hole and one without, bout 8euros, shipping costs seem extravagant just for that...

Comment

Originally posted by Aid View Post
                    Lovely web site. John was saying the other day that it's a shame we don't have one as good in UK, now I see what he means.

I "might" have a spare one you could have......

but I am also going to Brouwland on monday....you want me to get you a new one?

they are about £5 i think
                    N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Cool, actually going! Kid in a toy shop image springs to mind

I'd really appreciate one with a hole and one without. I've just received two big reserve kits from Karl, with another two on the way, and I've the juice and sugar for a big No1 at home, now I need to ferment them and drink responsibly.
                      (Not the last bit probably)

Comment

Working...
                      X