Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plastic Demijohn bungs

Hey

I purchased a few of these, and was wondering, should I be putting some vaseline on them before inserting (that sounds dirty), the reason I ask is, i was using one on a gallon of wine , and was hearing a sound like gas escaping, but it wasn't coming through the airlock? Any ideas?

Cheers

Originally posted by Tuco View Post
    Hey

I purchased a few of these, and was wondering, should I be putting some vaseline on them before inserting (that sounds dirty), the reason I ask is, i was using one on a gallon of wine , and was hearing a sound like gas escaping, but it wasn't coming through the airlock? Any ideas?

Cheers
    Do you mean a safety cork? If so, they're specially designed to allow air/gas to escape as it stops the DJs blowing up!
    HRH Her Lushness

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.

Comment

Nah not that Lushness, it looks the same, but it has a bored hole to fit a airlock

Sorry can't locate a pic, but it's basically the same design, but its got a hole through the middle to accommodate an airlock
      Last edited by Tuco; 18-06-2009, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Not sure I'd use vaseline, but some PTFE plumbers tape should be Ok.

Besides, the vaseline probably would only give you an indication of where the leak is/might be, and not seal it......

regards

JtFB
        Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
          Not sure I'd use vaseline, but some PTFE plumbers tape should be Ok.

Besides, the vaseline probably would only give you an indication of where the leak is/might be, and not seal it......

regards

JtFB
          but when i push the bung down it gets purchase ?

Comment

Originally posted by Tuco View Post
            but when i push the bung down it gets purchase ?
            I haven't had any problems with using it yet......

On either cork or rubber bungs.....

regards

JtFB
            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Working...
            X