Beer barrels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beer barrels

i have aquired two pub style aluminium barrels, dont worry perfectly legaly, i know of the beer barrel rules in the uk, at the moment they still have the triangle valve on the top but i personaly remove this to use them as 9 gallon fermentation vessels, if anyone is interested in buying them transport costs apart i was looking for the £10 each they cost me to buy.

any takers, hedgerow pete
    Last edited by hedgerow; 25-10-2009, 01:02 PM.
    Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

october 029.jpg

this what they are like
    Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

Message sent...
      ex ovo omnia
      Chemist, welder, homebrewer

Comment

barrels go on ebay on saturday if you want them now

Comment

Damn shame that they're aluminium and not stainless ones...... that's what I'm looking for at the moment....

regards

jtfb
          Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

when i went to collect them they had shoved the stainless through the cruncher first i was well gutted 60 of them 9 gallon and the massive barrels aswell, dont know what size proberly 20 gallon jobs. i was happy to get hold of the five that i did ali or not, it has realy racked me off being left with the flippin things there half a weeks shopping tied up money wize and no one does big brews any more or is it just me. they started the keg watch scheme because of home brewers and pikies. now only the pikies want them for the scrap.
            I have a running order with this scrap yard for several items of wants and requirements so i will put another bottle of booze on his table and ask for some stainless steel barrels for next time, there are conditions though. I cant garentee when they come in and i do sort out the best they dont put them to one side for me its turn up and grab before the muncher gets them so some time they will have either dents not big but some times a small one where it fell off the dray. the worse ones will also have a bust valve on the top. but i grind them open any way to fit my bunk corks and air locks. or you can just fix them so they are lying down and then drill a hole in the side thats now become the top.

Comment

Working...
            X