Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Champagne Bottles?

Hiya everyone.

Does anyone know a good place to get wine bottle and a few champagne bottles?

yep at this time of year there are thousands to be had free of charge. are we reday for a hedgerow suggestion. This time several years ago i want two dozen but beiong a cheap skate i did not want to pay for it so i went around several of the big hotels bigger the beeter quantity and when they do the works xmas parties there are hunderd to bung in the bins after wards so i asked if i could remove them from thier glass skips, most hotels have there own bins and after they finished laughing at me they said yes so me and a friend ended up over three party nights with 80 champer bottles all in goon condition, try it your be surprised at how many you can get , the same with wine bottles with cork tops rather than screw toppers
    Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

Cool. Thanks very much. I'll see how i get on.

Comment

Sounds like a damn good idea, I may have a ring round the local hotels to beg hehe
        With Grape flavour comes grape responsibility

Comment

i went to 3 to start with and was laughed at so hard i fell out the front doors the 4th and 5 th hotels produced over a 100 bottles from one wedding party, strange how some help and other dont
          Wine from grapes is alright, but nothing beats the proper stuff to make wine with.

Comment

Found this if anybody's still interested:

Champagne_Bottles_(eBay)

The sellers really reasonable and packs them well, I believe she may have some more besides these...
            ex ovo omnia
            Chemist, welder, homebrewer

Comment

i think you will find that just like me they are bringing some thing home from work thats scrap and selling it on ebay, price wise a single bottle is worth around a pound each if only used once and has not chips off the top edge, well thats what i will pay but i dont know what other will go to maybe less maybe more

Comment

Well needless to say paid £1.50 per bottle and all perfect...

Odd shaped "cava" style bottles admittedly, cylindrical with drawn necks, but good quality all the same...

Really good seller too, very accommodating
                ex ovo omnia
                Chemist, welder, homebrewer

Comment

if your happy with that that seems to be a fantastic deal to me, your very lucky. As for me I am off skip diving today near me is a glass skip and on sunday mornings they unload all the weeks worth of wine bottle into it, I sit there in the car waiting for the two lads to turn up in there van and i just unload the lot into mine, wine bottles anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Omniata View Post
                    Odd shaped "cava" style bottles admittedly, cylindrical with drawn necks, but good quality all the same...
                    If you've scavenged them from pubs, etc., check they fit your wine rack before using them as some "odd shaped" bulbous ones may not fit.
                    My Brewlist@Jan2011

Comment

Working...
                    X