X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vines & other stuff for sale/swap

ALL GONE NOW _ THANKS FOR LOOKING!

Hi All,

It's been 6 months since I was last here - and now I'm back to get rid of the last few bits and bobs from my brewery.

I've got for you:

approx 200 bottles - 90% brown and all in good nick (though some need to be emptied - I'M NOT SELLING BEER). some are conical, some are fullers - old and new. the crates are included! - £30

one JCB shredder - this is the notched flywheel type, so similar to a proper 'scratter'. I have put a couple of tons of apples through this in the last 3 years and genuinely advise you that this is a top picee of kit for cider making. £20

One wonderful press - I use for grapes and apples. if you fill it to the brim with pommace form the shredder and wind it all the way down, then you will extract 50-70% volume, depending on determination! £25

I've made over 1.5BB of cider with this kit in two seasons!

14x regent and 4x phoenix grape vines, on SO4 rootstock. 5 yrs old. Make superb wine - recommend allowing them to re-establish (no fruit) for 2 years, then you'll get a dozen bunches per vine per year (approx 5 gallons). I'll give you a book to help you get started.
    Dig 'em up yourself for £40

if you buy the lot off me then you can also have:

one draw full of random brewing junk - connections, caps, mash manifolds, seals, capper, tubes, bottling stick, syphons, chemicals etc, One small fridge (i used to temp control this for growing yeast or keeping lager cool), various buckets and plastic 5 gallon jerry cans and a dozen or more demijohns all for free!

Am open to trading - would like a large bergen, 3x3 tarp (DD or similar quality), UHF radio on UK general band

Hope someone is excited about these bargains!
    G

(Rayleigh, Essex)

Havn't been on here for ages Bob, hope you don't mind - thought it would be of interest to your members!
    Last edited by Gurgeh; 06-03-2010, 06:45 PM.

Sure Bob won't mind, have moved the thread to the equipment area.

So what's the score, you giving up the hobby ?
    Discount Home Brew Supplies
    Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
    Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
    National Wine Judge
    N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

Cheers DB!

I gave up ages ago really - just want some space in the shed and think i'll let the allotment go. can't just walk away from teh vines though, so if I can't sell them, i'll pot them up and bide my time!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurgeh View Post
        Havn't been on here for ages Bob, hope you don't mind - thought it would be of interest to your members!
        no probs at all
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
        X