• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ooo good spot..thanks for sharing

regards
    bob
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Unfortunately our local Lidl doesn't seem to be selling this item.

Big Shame!!!

Comment

also been told but cant verify that grape juice is half price for sat and sun ie 42p
        http://www.iecomputing.co.uk
        http://www.volksfling.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by kampervan View Post
          also been told but cant verify that grape juice is half price for sat and sun ie 42p
          I've seen that posted on MSE & HUKD, but it's not on Lidl's website nor were there any leaflets in my local store, but I'll check it out regardless as too good to miss.

I'm hopefull that it's genuine because there's a full list of the weekend specials being posted:

"Oranges 1.5kg 99p
          Lasagne Bolognese 1kg £1.34
          Premium rindless back bacon smoked or unsmoked 2x200g £1.24
          Vitafit grape juice 1l 42p
          Stimulation drink 24x250ml(case deal) £3.48"

EDIT: OH has just told me that the instore leaflets for the weekend 'specials' don't normally appear until the Thursday before, and I'm going into my local town with a Lidl on Thursday and will check then. If it's on this probably deserves a thread of it's own.
          Last edited by David; 30-11-2010, 06:17 PM.
          My Brewlist@Jan2011

Comment

Went to my local Lidl yesterday and this starts tomorrow (6th December). I checked with them that it wasn't just the London stores and they assured me it should be in most places.
            Until tomorrow then!
            Simon
            "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Lidl Vitafit

Bought 48 x Ltr boxes of this LIDL stuff yesterday. Quite red in colour with S.G. 1.080 - no mention of Sorbate or other preservatives. Box says refrigerate and drink within 4 days once opened, so that seems to suggest little or no preservatives to me!

I made up an initial 4.5 gall lot, adding 1.25Kg and just kept opening the juice-boxes and pouring them in, one by one... simple as that.

I thought I'd try a very simple 100% grape-juice brew and see how it turns out - realise that it all now depends on grape variety and quality.

Just added a little citric acid and pectolase, (but no tannin, as the juice was quite red and so I am assuming that some tannin will also be present) then Youngs G.P. yeast and nutrient.

We'll see. Though it might seem extravagant, using 22ltrs of juice, at this price of 42p/ltr, I reckon wine will cost < 40p bottle...

Regards, Alun (jonesthephones)
              P.S. Listen to my music on: www.youtube.com/jonesthephones

Comment

Sorry I meant the Vacuvin copy. Starts today. Am off later on to my local lidl.
                Simon
                "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

Working...
                X