Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vinyard Tour, etc. for 2 £30.80 incl lunch & bottle of wine

Does this sound like a good deal?

Vinyard tour with lunch two & a bottle of wine to take away all for £30.80 using the 12% voucher code mentioned in the link. (Normally £89 pounds).

Don't forget to use the code mentioned.

•Devon - Topsham •East Susex - Hastings •Surrey - Dorking •West Sussex - Bolney

Many do not realise England produces its very own wine and you'll be amazed at the skill, effort and experience it takes to produce a quality wine. This is an ideal opportunity for you to find out all about the English wine industry by enjoying a tour of one of England's finest vineyards followed by a delicious buffet lunch.

"During your tour you will learn how vines are grown on a commercial scale; a history of the vineyard; winemaking in the UK and the history of the estate. You will also learn about the winemaker's art during a tour of the winery. Following this will typically be a chance to taste several of the wines available on the day and then sit down to a cold buffet lunch. On conclusion you will be presented with a bottle of complimentary wine per couple as a souvenir of your winery visit."

Last edited by David; 15-04-2011, 09:02 PM. Reason: links updated
    My Brewlist@Jan2011

Originally posted by David View Post
    Does this sound like a good deal?

Vinyard tour with lunch two & a bottle of wine to take away all for £30.80 using the 12% voucher code mentioned in the link. (Normally £89 pounds).

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/vine...-two-was-89-no...

Don't forget to use the code mentioned.

•Devon - Topsham •East Susex - Hastings •Surrey - Dorking •West Sussex - Bolney

Many do not realise England produces its very own wine and you'll be amazed at the skill, effort and experience it takes to produce a quality wine. This is an ideal opportunity for you to find out all about the English wine industry by enjoying a tour of one of England's finest vineyards followed by a delicious buffet lunch.

"During your tour you will learn how vines are grown on a commercial scale; a history of the vineyard; winemaking in the UK and the history of the estate. You will also learn about the winemaker's art during a tour of the winery. Following this will typically be a chance to taste several of the wines available on the day and then sit down to a cold buffet lunch. On conclusion you will be presented with a bottle of complimentary wine per couple as a souvenir of your winery visit."
    Ah, well in my case, of the East/West Sussex vineyards, I either deliver or collect pallets to some of them, or even just drive past. Though most of the ones I know of, do either white or sparkling white. Neither of which, is my choice of splosh, so I'll be saving my £'s.

Good link though David. I'd guess that some will take up the opportunity, if they're in the area(s)......

regards

jtfb
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

Do we have any 'good' red English vineyards ?
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Link seems to have gone cold now and offer seems to be removed. Shame because a day out tour lunch and wine for £30 is very good value.

I went to Denbies last year and thought the red they produced was creditable though nothing great. To be honest white and sparkling white I find hit and miss too but there are some good ones. That said the last too summers have received too little sunshine.

But thats not the point. Day out for £30 + a chance to pick up further vineyard / wine production knowledge. Excellent. Thanks David.
        Simon
        "I can certainly see that you know your wine. Most of the guests who stay here wouldn't know the difference between Bordeaux and Claret." - Basil Fawlty

Comment

I think the original link David posted was maybe not the full link.
          The offer is still valid and here
          THat then takes you to here for full details.
          I'm just looking into it myself. Sounds rather good to me
          Thanks for posting David
          Last edited by AquaCom; 11-04-2011, 09:56 PM.
          Stuart

View My Current BrewTrax Stat's here
          BrewTrax forum discount details here

Comment

English Vineyards

Originally posted by SiSandrine View Post
            Link seems to have gone cold now and offer seems to be removed. Shame because a day out tour lunch and wine for £30 is very good value.

I went to Denbies last year and thought the red they produced was creditable though nothing great. To be honest white and sparkling white I find hit and miss too but there are some good ones. That said the last too summers have received too little sunshine.

But thats not the point. Day out for £30 + a chance to pick up further vineyard / wine production knowledge. Excellent. Thanks David.
            Hey just looking through this posting. My otherhalf took me to an English Vineyard just outside Gloucester in May. It was called the Three Chiors Vineyard. I had an "adopt a vine" for my birthday from last year that i needed to claim.

We stayed for two nights in a lodge in the vines - 75 acres of them i think. It was excellent and just nice to get away from it all. Fantastic food as well. Pricey (for us northerners) but well worth it.

As for the wines: i didnt have an opportunity to sample the reds (they had a slow year i think so produced limited numbers - (i dont think we get the weather do we, really?) but the whites were really very good. Yes, there were the usual English suspects that took on that "nettle wine" flavour, but there were also some exceptional ones that were full of complexity and structure. Hey, if the Germans can do it, why not us?!?

I ended up coming away with about 8 differant bottles of white and one rose.

Really thoroughly recommend it. Here a link, if its allowed? http://www.three-choirs-vineyards.co.uk/

Owl.
            A day without wine is a day without sunshine!

Comment

Working...
            X