Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ginger Wine

Earth (mostly), head - clouds, feet - ground, taste buds - heaven

i made a green tea and ginger wine that used a similar amount of ginger to the first recipe in this thread i think. The ginger flavour is definately there - not subtle but not overpowering either - despite adding it it at the start. Those who like ginger much more than i do would almost certainly enjoy a bigger ginger flavour.

The recipe using 3.5 lbs worth will be well worth keeping a track of tho. You never know how such things will turn out and if you love ginger then you may be onto a winner. If the flavour is way strong then perhaps it would make an uber base for next year's bucket full of sunny day BBQ punch

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ms67 View Post
    i made a green tea and ginger wine that used a similar amount of ginger to the first recipe in this thread i think. The ginger flavour is definately there - not subtle but not overpowering either - despite adding it it at the start. Those who like ginger much more than i do would almost certainly enjoy a bigger ginger flavour.

The recipe using 3.5 lbs worth will be well worth keeping a track of tho. You never know how such things will turn out and if you love ginger then you may be onto a winner. If the flavour is way strong then perhaps it would make an uber base for next year's bucket full of sunny day BBQ punch
    If I could be bothered to re-mix the bottled stuff and then back sweeten it, it would be very similar to "Stones". Either way, I do enjoy the firey "winter warming" feel/taste I get - though I've recently just boiled down the carrier bag of ginger I got with 4 kilo's of sugar and it's made a rather hot/spicey candied/sweet pickled ginger...... I'll have to wait for it too cool though as it's still a bit hot (temp-wise) at the moment

regards

JtFB
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Earth (mostly), head - clouds, feet - ground, taste buds - heaven

Sounds good JtFB . I'm going through a spell of finding ginger increasingly delicious myself. Not sure if i'm ready yet for the full on taste you describe in abundance, but i can see myself increasing the amount of ginger i use in future brews as each year passes. I'm sure my other half won't mind that either.

The only thing that worries me is that this new found appreciation of ginger seems to be going hand in hand with the amount of grey hairs i have and the two taken together are a sure sign that age is catching up with me ! maybe is should be considering an open top sports car and some driving gloves in the near future

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12