Beaverdale ChablisBlush

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beaverdale ChablisBlush

a little dissapointing still very sweet even though fully fermented out shame because I was going to do the 30 bottle kit if you like a medium sweet Rose /blush then I guess you would like this kit also does not seem very strong alcahol wise.

How long has it been in the bottle?
    National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

I was given this by a friend.. who no longer makes wine....actually... she only made 2 kits then decided that wine making was not for her....

She swapped a bottle with myself and a third friend....... who also said this was still very sweet....she only opened hers 2 weeks ago...

I still have not opened it mine yet....
      I have had it 3 months now.. .
      So I'll maybe wait a little while longer before opening mine....
      Insecure people try to make you feel smaller.

Confident people love to see you walk taller

Comment

Your comments really suprise me. This is far and away one of my favourite Beaverdale kits. I generally make two 5 gallon kits at a time for our general slurping wine and one of them is always the Chablis Blush.

My OH and I like really dry wines and this one has always turned out really crisp, clean and dry. Unlike some of the other Beaverdale kits, it's not always immediately good, but I rack it into 1 gallon demijohns as soon as it is crystal clear, and about 6 weeks later (you need to build up stocks to have this much patience!) start to drink it.

Comment

Got this delivered today gonna get it made up tonight when I get back home......Let's see if the wife likes it, I'm sure she will, she'll drink owt

Don't knock until you've tried it, you never know you might like it............

Sasquatch

Comment

Sasquatch,

How did it turn out in the end? Good?

If you are making any red kits, then you can get a rose out of the lees when the red has finished fermenting - so that's two for one! Have a look on the site for the recipe. I've done it twice now and the results are excellent!

Owl.
            A day without wine is a day without sunshine!

Comment

It works quite well actually. You'll get a hint of whatever red you use.

Originally posted by owlwithoutfeathers View Post
              Sasquatch,

If you are making any red kits, then you can get a rose out of the lees when the red has finished fermenting - so that's two for one! Have a look on the site for the recipe. I've done it twice now and the results are excellent!

Owl.

Comment

Sasquatch,

Owl.
                Hi there!

I've searched but can't find anywhere how to do this. Does anyone have a link?

Comment

Hi Goldstar,

Here's the recipe, courtesy of MS67!

Hey MS67: do you have a recipe for the rose from red slurry idea? thanks.

hey owl this is what i did ...

after secondary fermentation of the beaverdale shiraz kit had done i racked it. Then i filled up the demijohns containing the slurry with supermarket grape juice (mine was from tesco, purple grape juice i think it was called. 77p/litre, carton had piccies of big round purple grapes on it). It was proper juice with no artificial additives etc. I also added 100g of sugar per litre i think. Anyway what ever it was the OG was 1095. FG was 998. Also added 1 tspn citric acid, nutrient, pectolase. It was clear as a bell and stabilised after about 7 weeks having been racked a couple of times along the way.

hope this is good for you. someone might want to suggest alterations. dunno if pectolase was necessary, or acid or nutrient for that matter! but anyway it made a rose that we are very happy with and got compared to matteus or zinfandel by my Dad.

Have a go - its worth it!

Owl.

Comment

Might want to try and replace citric with tartaric acid and add some tannin?

Just a thought.

Owl.

Comment

Sasquatch,

Owl.
                      Hi OWL,

Firstly sorry for not getting back sooner.

What can I say, It's still in the package. Along with 4 others.
                      Wife decided she wanted the kitchen done so been too busy pleasing her, on the plus side I know have a 300 bottle wine rack which was two thirds full but is slow diminishing .....
                      Only getting back at the weekends the project is taking time, I shouldn't be such a miser but if you can do it yourself why not
                      I have managed to get a few of the youngs six bottles done Strawberry, Blackcherry, Blackcurrant also WoW variant using raspberry & cranberry and mango & pineapple all turned out really well but going to leave a few months.

Once I get around to it I will let you know but if its a rose your looking for Solomon Grundy Platinum is well worth a try, not that I'm a rose drinker but everyone who tried it loved it.

Sasquatch

Comment

Ok just started my Beaverdale Chablis Blush......If its anything like their Cabernet Sauvignon should be good...watch this space

Sasquatch

Comment

Chablis Blush, racked, left it a bit late at 094, tasting not impressed but there again I won't be drinking it will stabilise it next week, and add the finnings. I am sure it will be ok in a couple of months

Sasquatch

Comment

Well having got around to bottling the Chablis Blush a couple of weeks ago after it had been sat bulk maturing for about two months the missus tried it and was amazed on the quality, the best so far
                            Not being a big rose fan myself, had to try it and I have to agree with her. It being the first Beaverdale I have tried it won't be the last in fact will see what the Beaverdale Cabinet Sauvignon turns out like in a couple of months....
                            Last edited by Sasquatch; 20-06-2012, 10:30 PM.

Sasquatch

Comment

Result!
                              N.G.W.B.J.
                              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Working...
                              X