Belvino Classic Red

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belvino Classic Red

This is the 2nd wine kit I've made and the results were excellent. The kit comes with a pack of dried goose and elder berries, oak chips, hibiscus flowers and raisins.

Sachets of Yeast with nutrient, citric acid, bentonite and clearing agents.

Option to add from 4 to 5 kg of sugar. I used 4.5kg. Fermenting took 7 days then strained and degassed and left for another week to clear.

Samples taken along the way were all good , too good really, I ended up with 24 bottles of finished product.(500ml samples would be the cause).

The end result is a dark rose coloured wine, very easy drinking even at a young age.

In my opinion you can't go wrong with this kit. I'm a novice brewer and it's great to make something that tastes better than many store bought wines I've had. Good confidence builder.

The fact that it's dried fruit will make it easy to smuggle into "dry" countries, if there are any of you working rotation in various places like that (as I am)
    Keep on Truckin

Belvino "Aussie Red"

Made up a 5-gall lot of Belvino Premium "Australian Red" from their dried fruit kit, about 4 months ago. Ferment went well and all that was needed was in the kit, except the sugar, of course.

First tastings seemed very "Kit-like" to my palate. Bottled 8 weeks ago, tried an early taste... more like liquid wine-gums if I'm honest, than the familiar full-bodied Australian Red taste, I'm afraid.

Easy drinking but I'm hoping it might improve, so I'm putting it away and forgetting about it for 6 months...

Trouble with kits that labelled e.g. "Aussie Red" is that they do raise expectations, which is more likely to lead to some disappointment.

Regards, Alun (jonesthephones)
    P.S. Listen to my music on: www.youtube.com/jonesthephones

Comment

Working...
    X