coffee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• coffee

hi all ive just got back in to wine making and have started off with a couple of kits. i just got my self a book called first steps in wine making and see a recipe for coffee wine witch looks quiet simple to make.
    Has any one here ever made it and was it any good.

Karl (Duffbeer) has made it, and we all got to try some at grapefest this year.

Nobody liked it, or at least admitted to it!

Comment

I've made a few batches of this and whilst the first batch wasn't wonderful, it was drinkable, if 'thin'. Subsequent batches were made with a higher degree of alcohol and sweetness and the last turned out almost sherry like. We liked it so much I've just started another one.
      Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

When you make coffee wine do you use regular or flavored coffee?
        Hootus est

Comment

Instant - in my case Nescafe
          Let's party

Comment

coffee

sounds good think i will give it a go.

Comment

Just remember not to use all the sugar CJJB tells you to in one go. I found starting it at 1070 then feeding in increments of 4oz every time it dropped to 1015 or so gave me more alcohol and more body too.

It finished at 1018 or so and about 14% ish. The mouth feel is almost liquer-ish. Very yum but you can't drink too much at one time.
              Let's party

Comment

When I first made this wine I used Camp Coffee it comes in bottles and used brown sugar. The recipe was from the Boots book of wine making (I think that’s what it was called). I followed the recipe to the letter and ended up with what was more like a liqueur,very yummy and mourish. The book is unfortunately in the garage still packed away as we were going to move about two years ago???
                The last one that I made was with Nescaf and white sugar, I agree with Mamigowl if not careful you can forget how potent it can be.
                Well worth trying
                Terry

Comment

Don't use freshly-brewed coffee. Use instant.

Why?

Coffee has a bit of oil in it. It could go rancid on you.
                  Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
                  Twitter: VirtualWineO
                  Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

well thanks for all that peps i have a few more bits to get then i will start the brew . will let you know wat it comes out like.

Comment

Hellooooo! Could somebody put the recipe on here? I'm quite excited to try it.
                      Please and thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X