Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottle bank tool

Bottle Bank Diving.

Just thought I would right this up again (with pics) as there was sooo many typos in my first go.
    Why wait for the bottle bank overflow, a easily modified litter picker gets you right inside.
    The end must be the same shape as this one ...

basic grabber.jpg

These are typically £1.99 and available at discount stores that do tools Black spur / Draper / Silverline that sort of thing. Seen them in Wilco's £7.50 (eek) and the wrong shape.

Wrap some rubber bands around the ends to make it more grippy....

Bottle Grabber sm.JPG

Usage:
    Drag bottles about inside BUT ONLY LIFT the bottle by neck vertically when directly under the hole.
    Get the bottle all the way in the jaws, some knobbly extra bits of elastic bands might help too.

Bottle Grabber with bottle SM.JPG

A Bordeaux bottle weighs 500g lifting horizontally will bend the arm - I know - I am on #2 now.
    There is probably some good fun to be had practicing on a cold winter evening.
    In good hands this can yield lots of bottles quite quickly - I keep mine in the car!

Happy diving.

Important Update: Since I have been using mine I have noticed the lower part of recycling bins contains a lot of cracked glass - wear gloves. A bottle that looked okay caught me out the other day when I took hold of it for the first time it was broken.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cellar_Rat; 25-04-2012, 10:01 AM.
    Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

If you dress up in dark clothes, carry a bag of various tools, late at night, you can be arrested and charged with "going equipped to commit burglary", so can you also be charged with going equipped to commit glass recycling ?
    Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

I like your thinking! I have been known to go out of an evening with winemaking stuff is this "going equipped to commit fermentation"
      Gluten free, caffeine free, dairy free, fat free – you gotta love this red wine diet!

Comment

Working...
      X