No announcement yet.

Priming sugar dosing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, I have given you plenty of opportunity to stop digging your hole deeper.

Specifically, the post was considering Lyles golden syrup. My tin actually states 80.5% carbohydrate (sugar in this case); they seemingly have reduced the quality since mine was purchased (but I am aware that sugar syrups of this concentration will not support spoiling organisms).

However, I ask you to look again at the nutrition label and note that it specifically states the amount of carbohydrate in 100g of the product (the normal format for all foodstuff nutritional information).

Yes weight/weight. I ask again re your flawed information: was your calculation weight/weight or weight/volume?

The weight of sugar in 5ml of Lyles syrup is far in excess of the value you are vainly attempting to claim. I am sorry but on this score I do know what I am talking about. End of discussion for me. If you persist in digging deeper, I will leave it for others to try to persuade you to stop digging.

RAB

Comment

It appears that the tinned “Lyle's Golden Syrup” has a different consistency from “Lyle's Golden Pouring Syrup Squeezy 454g”. We shall never agree on the subject & therefore I will consider the subject closed before any nastiness arises.
      http://www.petespintpot.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by oliver90owner View Post
        Right, I have given you plenty of opportunity to stop digging your hole deeper.

Specifically, the post was considering Lyles golden syrup. My tin actually states 80.5% carbohydrate (sugar in this case); they seemingly have reduced the quality since mine was purchased (but I am aware that sugar syrups of this concentration will not support spoiling organisms).

However, I ask you to look again at the nutrition label and note that it specifically states the amount of carbohydrate in 100g of the product (the normal format for all foodstuff nutritional information).

Yes weight/weight. I ask again re your flawed information: was your calculation weight/weight or weight/volume?

The weight of sugar in 5ml of Lyles syrup is far in excess of the value you are vainly attempting to claim. I am sorry but on this score I do know what I am talking about. End of discussion for me. If you persist in digging deeper, I will leave it for others to try to persuade you to stop digging.

RAB
        I do not care for the tone of this post, or the direction this thread is going, there is simply no need for this kind of confrontational tone. If you were sat in your living room next to each other would you use that tone?

This forum was set up precisely because I see this kind of confrontation elsewhere.

We don't do that here....

the original question was re priming and 5ml is as near as damn it the right amount.

wind your necks in
        Last edited by lockwood1956; 15-08-2013, 07:18 AM.
        N.G.W.B.J.
        Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
        Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

Oliver, Bob, & everyone else, please accept my sincere apologies.
          http://www.petespintpot.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X