No announcement yet.

Italian Grapes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pallets shipping from the US for the 2011 Harvest are a minimum of 36 pails. It can be a mix across the 5 varietals. IF there is other interest, I can start looking at export rates and would be willing to provide an intro discount to help with shipping costs.

Where is Grape Fest?

Comment

I'm looking at about 11-12 buckets myself. Of course, I'll pick up mine here in the US. My distributor is Midwest Supplies - a 10 minute drive from work.
      Steve

Comment

Excellent Steve. Dont forget to read the enologist notes before you start fermentation. Federico put some key points in there that will help you. .

I would love to have feedback from you to include on our marketing materials including digital. Is there any way you can document and provide feedback on your fermentation characteristics as you go along? or even take pics that we can put up on Facebook and maybe this forum so the friends in the UK can see the quality?

As with anybody, should you need direct technical support and Seth Reid cant answer the questions, or you would like a different perspective (although I know Seth knows what he is doing and is a good winemaker) feel free to reach out to me.

email: joe2@vinosuperiore.com

Comment

Thanks, Joe. I'll be happy to document and take some photographs of everything I do along the way.
          Steve

Comment

I would be interested in 4-5 buckets myself if that helps (depending on costs)

http://markblades.com
            Bebere cerevisiae immodoratio
            These days I'm drinking in Charcot's Joint.

Comment

Ok.. Great.. That is about 10 so far between you and Rob. Lets see if we can get to 36 and I will try and find the best shipping pricing with all my brokers.

Any other Interest?

Comment

Yes please, probably 4 buckets-ish.
                Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

I could do 2- would thatyield 5 uk gallons? Hehe just came back from Tuscany today

Comment

Pleased to see that there is interest

I thought there would be)

Between us here and brians customers i am sure we can get enouh to perjhaps make this viable)

I am currently in germany with Martina, (and its sunny and 32 degrees) but will look at this with Joe ad Brian in more detail upon my return on tuesday.

Joe wishes to subscribe to this thread, but i cant see how that works for standard members as i have different screens, anyone remember how to do that?

regards
                    Bob
                    N.G.W.B.J.
                    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

I found it!

It's at the top of the thread under thread tools > subscribe to this thread (answered here so answer aavailable to everyone....just in case you didnt know)

regards
                      Bob
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Thanks for that Bob. It definitely looks like there is some interest. See if we can form enough of an order for a pallet and lets filter it through you. In the mean time, I will start looking at exportation from the USA for this harvest for the first shipment. Lets talk when you come back.

Comment

When there's a bit more detail i might be interested in a couple...

Comment

Originally posted by Vino Superiore View Post

Where is Grape Fest?
                            Grapefest is held every September (grape harvest time) at the home of the founder of this fine forum in Knottingley West Yorkshire. If the pails are going to be delivered on one pallet then we all need to meet up to collect our individual orders. Just a suggestion.

I'm really excited at the prospect of getting hold of these grapes and making a Super Tuscan and a spot of Chianti so come on ladies and gents, let's make this happen.

Comment

What time frame are we looking at for these grapes? Need to plan my kits-

Comment

its all still in the embryonic stages, I only spoke to Joseph middle of last week, so the idea is only a few days old, and i've been in Germany for the weekend (Martina's birthday)

so at this stage its just trying to gauge interest ......

however i think if it happens (and its still an if for 2012) i twill likely be November time, however, a lot of t's to cross and
                                I's to dot yet, and grapefest needs to be porganised (sept 22nd)

regards
                                Bob
                                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X