No announcement yet.

Grapefest 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well I'm travelling to Chesterfield with him today....I'll have a closer look (between wine geekery moments)
    N.G.W.B.J.
    Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
    Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• Lmao, no pics please
      Discount Home Brew Supplies
      Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
      Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
      National Wine Judge
      N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• OK boys and girls

LATEST UPDATE:

Spoke to supplier yesterday....

Arriving today Sangiovese and Cilieguilio

Arriving Next Friday Tempranillo and Grenache

Hopefully arriving at around the same time...Montepulciano, Trebbiano, Cabernet and Merlot, but wont know till next week.

But the supply of Tempranillo and Grenache is good, so they will both definately be available for grapefest (both fantastic varieties)
        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Its not too late to get involved in the fun and frolicks everyone...you can camp in my spacious back garden, or there are some nice B&B's nearby.....even if you are only having one box of grapes

(or even if you just want to come along just for the fun)
          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Is the toilet and shower block finished yet, or do we have to use an old bucket?

Comment

• Originally posted by Duffbeer View Post
              I hadn't realised he was so shapely either
              Originally posted by lockwood1956 View Post
              Well I'm travelling to Chesterfield with him today....I'll have a closer look (between wine geekery moments)
              Steady on chaps, I know you are keen to get stuck into Grapefest but this is ridiculous.

Originally posted by Rich View Post
              Is the toilet and shower block finished yet, or do we have to use an old bucket?
              Just pee in that large tub thing like we did last year!
              National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
                -----%<-----
                Just pee in that large tub thing like we did last year!
                So what happens if you want to take a pony ?

Or has Bob raided the local park for one of those "dog poo bins"

regards

JtFB
                Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Word is getting out.
                  Attached Files

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Comment

• as long as its not...
                    pas.jpg

Comment

• Just too funny

Going to pick up a few grapes tomorrow....to fire up all the gear and the testing equipment to be sure it all works before the main event
                      Last edited by lockwood1956; 29-08-2008, 09:03 PM.
                      N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Its tomorrow!!!!!!

5.40 am and sat with a cuppa waiting for Richard_S to arrive ...he just sent me a text to say hes on his way, so we can trundle to London to pick up a few boxes of Ciliegiulio.....

gives me the chance to dust off all of the equipment and make sure it all works before the main event (thats the only reason honest....its nowt to do with the fact that I am giddy about winemaking grapes)

Burleigh horse trials aren't till next weekend....so no traffic jam there to contend with this year (got stuck for an hour last year)

cant believe its a year since we did it all last time.......really looking forward to the grape winemaking season this year....many plans afoot!

will take pics...as ever
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• I'm very excited for you guys and am looking forward to the pix.

It will probably be another two or three weeks before we get our California grapes in here. And my own grapes are presently sitting at 16-19 brix. Looking like we're at LEAST three weeks out, maybe four. I only hope they ripen completely.
                          Steve

Comment

• see seperate thread for details....
                            Last edited by lockwood1956; 30-08-2008, 06:55 PM.
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• A tip for those attending Grapefest. If you plan on having 5 boxes of red grapes for example, you will need 2x5 gallon buckets to take the juice/skins away in (the skins take up a lot of room). Less of a problem with whites (no skins, just juice) but bring an overflow container anyway, you never know just how much juice you are going to end up with.

Comment

• Good tip there Rich, I've got my buckets ready. Just ned to decide on the amounts!

Comment

Working...
                                X