No announcement yet.

Grapefest 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wine making,winemaking,virtual, wine, circle, virtual wine, virtual wine circle,home winemaking,make wine at home,home made wine,homemade wine,winemaking blog,blog,wine blog,grape growing blog,winemaking forum,winemaking discussion forum,grape growing forum,wine kit,wine making,mead making,make mead,amateur,home made wine,wine,wine,winepress,wine press,press,wine-press,grape,grow grapes,fruit press,fermenting,fermentation,cork,trellis,trellising,home wine making,home made wine,homemade wine,vintner,wine press,homemade,fruit press,winepress,grape,vine,vineyard,growtube,grow tube,grow tubes,blue-x,trellis,trellissing,wine,cellar,bottle filler,wine making,winemaker,home made wine forum,homemade wine forum,vineyard Supply,Logic,airlock,air lock,primary fermenter,primary, secondary fermenter,bottle filler,winemaking dvd,Vineyard Sprayers,wine forum,Winemaking,Adsorption,Airlock,kit wines,mead,mead wines,making homemade wine,wine recipes,winemaking recipes,winemaking techniques,Alcohol,Alternative wine closures Home Wine Making & Grape Growing discussion forum. FREE membership, Live Cellar Web Cam, discounts to members from various suppliers and more. There are product reviews and plenty of recipes from fruit wines, grape wines, to kit wines. This site is to help others who want more information on making home made wine.

This one is just down the road (in walking distance, even for me!) to Bob's.
    Virtual Wine Circle & Competition Co-Founder
    Twitter: VirtualWineO
    Facebook: Virtual Wine Circle

Comment

• Well, I've been racking off and bottling for the last month, so I now have some empty carboys for grapefest.

Picked up a large fermenting bin yesterday from the HBS in Farnborough whilst I'm down here. Just need to check what yeast I have got, and what I want to get.

Also need to aquire a red wine kit for the second run, or at least some grape concentrate.

Comment

• Good point - what kit do I need to bring?
        Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
          Good point - what kit do I need to bring?
          Tubs with lids big enough for what you plan to buy ie, 5 gal for merlot 5 gal for grenach etc, ooooh and some wines for sampling, other than that nowt.
          Discount Home Brew Supplies
          Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
          Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
          National Wine Judge
          N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• I'd better make sure my fermenters are free by September, then! I've just acquired a Youngs 'Favourite' 5 gallon thingy - not very clean, so I'd better get the VWP out.

Can you give me an idea how much each 5 gal is going to cost (VERY roughly) please? Total newcomer to Grapefest

Wines for sampling. Fingers crossed I'll have something worth drinking then!

I just hope someone doesn't rear-end the car on the way home - we'll all have a hell of a drenching

EDIT: Just booked myself into the Wentvale Court
            Last edited by goldseal; 30-07-2008, 01:21 PM.
            Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Each box will make approx 1 gallon and they are between £6 and £7.50 per box

The wentvale is nice (and its walking distance)
              N.G.W.B.J.
              Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
              Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• I intend to bring a small tent and sleeping bag, if that's ok and It's not raining. If not I'll talk the OH into driving I hope. Junior is sleeping slightly better at night now

Comment

• Bring it on!
                  Attached Files
                  National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Only seems like yesterday and we are almost there again!
                      Attached Files
                      National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• 35 DAYS!

whoo hoo!
                        N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• 31 and counting.....
                          N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• OK boys and girls.....

I need to know what your first choice and second choice (and perhaps third choice) grapes are...

as ever I will arrive in Potters bar and test the brix levels of all the varietals and make a descision based on how good they are, it will be a great help for me to know your preferences.

I hope you will all trust my judgement when it comes to choosing the varietals (EEK!)
                            N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

• Can I have one bunch of each please Bob.
                              Discount Home Brew Supplies
                              Chairman of 5 Towns Wine & Beer Makers Circle!
                              Convenor of Judges YFAWB Show Committee
                              National Wine Judge
                              N.G.W.B.J Member

Comment

• certainly. Please make cheques payable to..
                                N.G.W.B.J.

Comment

Working...
                                X