Grapefest 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by goldseal View Post
    Keep a lookout for a woman weaving randomly around the place with a bottle in each hand. Tht'll be Mrs. Goldseal
    ...or Karl in his flower child regalia.
    Steve

Comment

• 12 Hours to go!!!

Yeast starters started, buckets cleaned and ready to go and wines sorted out.
      National Wine Judge NGWBJ

Secretary of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Society

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Member of THE newest wine circle in Yorkshire!!

Comment

• Tic Tock
        http://www.winensuds.com/ Gotta love this hobby

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard_S View Post
          Yeast starters started, buckets cleaned and ready to go and wines sorted out.
          Yeast starters? Was going to do that when I got back home. Too late now - leaving in an hour!
          Pete the Instructor

It looks like Phil Donahue throwing up into a tuba

Comment

• Well I hope you all have a happy grapefest!

My master plan of trying to get there at the last minute failed dismally .

Once the bloke who's doing the roof repairs has been today, maybe I'll get some time to have a wander and get some more elderberries, apples or even blackberries!

Been looking around, and last year there was a complete mountain of sloes/damsons (didn't get a change to work out which.....), but this year I've seen virtually none.

I'm wondering if it's the slight difference between two cra9 summers or whether they also suffer, like some apples, from the "every other year" syndrome!

As I say, have a happy squishing!

regards

JtFB
            Women will never be equal to men until they can walk down the street with a bald head and a beer gut, and still think they are sexy.

Some blog ramblings

Comment

• Weather forcast looks dry for today, on the met office site anyway.

Off to go and sort some bottles out to bring. Then load car and we'll be on out way later on

Think I'll do my yeast starters tonight and pitch in the morning. (I need to see Bob for the yeast..)

Comment

• Wont be long now
                I wish I was a glow worm
                Cos a glow worm's never glum
                It's hard to be unhappy
                When the sun shines out your bum

Comment

• Originally posted by fatbloke View Post
                  Well I hope you all have a happy grapefest!

My master plan of trying to get there at the last minute failed dismally
                  Awwww, I was lookin forward to quite a few beers 'n' yarns with you, next year eh?

T - minus 2 hours and counting.......

My friends would think I was a nut, turning water into wine....... Lyrics from Solsbury hill by Peter Gabriel

Comment

• Don't forget to remind Bob about the web cam

Have a great time everyone. Wish I was there
                    Let's party

AKA Brunehilda - Last of the Valkaries

Comment

• Should be a nice quiet day on the forum,with all the disruptive rowdy ones away from their PC's
                      I wish I was a glow worm
                      Cos a glow worm's never glum
                      It's hard to be unhappy
                      When the sun shines out your bum

Comment

• Originally posted by Zebedee View Post
                        Should be a nice quiet day on the forum,with all the disruptive rowdy ones away from their PC's
                        Oi, I heard that!

Comment

• hahaha

well we got to bed sometime after 4

up and about preparing for the day, people should start arriving soon i think

will make a tea and sort the webcam out

yahoo identity grape_fest2008
                          Last edited by lockwood1956; 13-09-2008, 10:42 AM.
                          N.G.W.B.J.
                          Member of 5 Towns Wine and Beer Makers Society (Yorkshire's newest)
                          Wine, mead and beer maker

Comment

• I can't make it over ive been called into work and im halfway through helping to fit a new central heating boiler ours packed in on Wednesday have a great day everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Darren View Post
                              I can't make it over ive been called into work and im halfway through helping to fit a new central heating boiler ours packed in on Wednesday have a great day everyone
                              Bugger, I know you would have loved it Darren. One positive I suppose is there will be more food for everyone else (might keep Rich quiet for 5 mins ).

Comment

• What a fantastic day. I've not long got home. The buckets of juice/skins are in the winery(garage) and I'm about ready for bed.

The tasting of 4 different 1yr old Monte's went well, interesting how they can all be so different after starting with the same grapes.

Lots of different wine was opened and tasted and a great spread of food from Karl's wife (at least I didn't get to waste away!).

Pictures will follow I'm sure, I'll get mine sorted tomorrow.

Rich

Comment

Working...
                                X